Just had some work done on the roof,

first quote was its a weeks work plus scaffolding and materials for £3.500. 

Second quote, it's two days work and it'll be £2.500

third quote was £650 they did the job in 5 hours.

• 1 month later...

Took the car into Halfords for an m.o.t, got a phone call to say it had failed on front pads and discs. OK I said give me a price, £239 the man said, no thanks I said, got a quote else where for £130. When I went to collect the car he gave me the failure sheet with the defect worn pads and no mention of the discs. When I took it elsewhere to be inspected there was nothing wrong with the discs yet Halfords wanted to charge for new ones.

Thanksgiving just around the corner, which means cheap turkeys. Just went to the supermarket and they've got them in now, 69c lb, frozen. My friend in Sussex had a frozen turkey crown last year, I know they may be more expensive because it's all breast, but she said it weighed about 8lb and was 23 pounds sterling. Crikey. She said fresh was much more. 

AA breakdown cover ( for the car not the other AA ) renewal was £206 so I gave them a call, said it was too much. They reduced it to £154, still too much I said so they reduced it to £130. Same applies with a few companies.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 3:13 PM, Jill Sparrow said:

If I feel tearful I find that a trip to Morrison's for a pack of custard doughnuts soon has me smiling again!

This might wipe the smile off again.......I noticed the other day that those pack of 5 (or 6) doughnuts in Morrison's have gone from 50p to 60p.

How long has inflation been 20% ?

• 4 years later...
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Rip offs