3 hours ago, Beekay said:

my brother and I used to count the trucks as they went by

How many on here still count the wagons or carriages as a train passes? I know I do!

The length of some of the trains here task your counting ability especially the coal trains in NSW and QLD.  We travelled from Adelaide to Darwin a few years ago on the Ghan. The longest one was 1,096 metres with 44 carriages and 2 locomotives.

History of The Ghan Railway

• Like 1
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Reliant Regal with City of Nottingham Water Department on it side, I didnt know they used these, can anyone remember them.  

Managed to find a Leyland Atlantean I could re-brand as NCT, so here is the result from this     To this         Waiting for the destina

This is from Picture the Past, who cover Derbyshire, and Furness Vale is a village in the Peak District.   https://picturethepast.org.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/dchq001841/posteri

Isn’t it funny how we all do our own things. Nothing to do with scale models but transport related. If ever I see a car number plate that includes a 3 letter airport code I always say oh they’re going to “so and “so. For instance ABZ is Aberdeen.

• Like 1

Many thanks for the confirmation Phil., I'm very much obliged.

I recall that bridge being demolished. I have to admit, I probably never gave a thought to stations etc at that time in my life. Although I did have a go at trainspotting while still at school. Cheers mate.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MRS B said:

Isn’t it funny how we all do our own things. Nothing to do with scale models but transport related. If ever I see a car number plate that includes a 3 letter airport code I always say oh they’re going to “so and “so. For instance ABZ is Aberdeen.

For some reason, I always seem to note and memorise car registrations of people I know or meet. I'm always surprised how easily I can think of someone and tell myself "they have a 55 Fiesta.....or she has a 62 Toyota".

Originally they went right round the north and east of Nottingham from Basford and into Nottingham London Road. The other way, some services went as far as Stafford by an obscure route. There were also trains to Pinxton via Langley Mill.

A slightly more direct route into Nottingham began when the Nottingham Suburban line was opened from Daybrook. Only when the Great Central was built did they have a reasonably direct route into central Nottingham though. The line was really built to get at the coal.

• Like 1

Halfway through re-branding this 1/76 scale Olympian bus into South Notts livery, all the paint has been stripped, a good coat of grey primer applied then the lower deck blue and roof a cream colour, for the interior I painted the seats light blue with chrome handles and matt black floor, I put the new transfers on this afternoon so tomorrow will be a coat of clear lacquer and re-assemble

olympic-bus.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Thankyou BK, and now after the South Notts treatment

DSCF2101-2.jpg

Quite pleased with this one

Rog

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Managed to find a Leyland Atlantean I could re-brand as NCT, so here is the result from this

DSCF2247_(2).jpg

To this

DSCF2575.jpg

DSCF2576.jpg

DSCF2577.jpg

Waiting for the destination board transfers to arrive now

Rog

• Like 3

Well done Rog., another superb change over. Do you get the transfers online or have you a supplier?

Your window sill must be getting pretty full by now. Perhaps Siddha could make you a display shelf from his garden bench, then he could buy a new one !

Nice to hear that Uncle Trogg also has a passion for models too. Me, I just don't have room where I live. All my tools, including elctrical ones are all in the community shed and have been there since we moved in back in 2005, ( although I do check on them periodically ).

Carry on the great work gentlemen and don't forget the wooden figures Plantfit.:jumping: 

• Like 1

Being picky is that the right green or is it the picture, it looks a little pale on my screen and comparing it with the NCT website.

Could be the light Brew, it was at the side of a window plus the kitchen light was on plus I used a flash on the camera, 

BK, I'll start on the wooden figures as soon as I get a bit more wood, looking forward to using the new (to me) powered scroll saw to cut out the shapes

Rog

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Beekay said:

Do you get the transfers online or have you a supplier?

I used a company called "Sunrise transfers and models" they are near Glasgow I think, the mail order is only paid via a cheque no bankcard or paypal,

Rog

• Upvote 1
On 4/14/2024 at 10:13 AM, Beekay said:

Nice to hear that Uncle Trogg also has a passion for models too.

Just read this Beekay , yes years ago I use to collect them since then we have down sized and now how no room to display them, they have been in the loft for years. Recently I have had them down and now display 6 of the cars we use to have, its all the room we have for them to go. No one in the family wants them so it was back to the loft for them.

The saving grace is that when I pop my cloggs it will be a problem for my family to sort them out and also my sheds and garages.

• Like 1