My latest 1/76 scale model bus, stripped and re-painted in South Notts bus company colours, just waiting for the transfers to be delivered, they will be for Nottingham city to Loughborough via Clifton,Gotham,East Leake and Loughborough, the bus is a Daimler Fleetline

DSCF1609.jpg

DSCF1610.jpg

Hope it is of some interest

Rog

• Like 3
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Reliant Regal with City of Nottingham Water Department on it side, I didnt know they used these, can anyone remember them.  

This is from Picture the Past, who cover Derbyshire, and Furness Vale is a village in the Peak District.   https://picturethepast.org.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/dchq001841/posteri

Great time at the Codnor sports club yesterday to see the model bus show, some great models on display nearly all putting mine to shame   1/50 scale Barton coaches and buses  

I’ve actually travelled to Loughborough and back on one of those and have used them to travel to West Bridgford very many years ago.They used to depart from South Parade. My old friend, Derrick Deakin who was once MD of Nottingham City Transport dealt with their buy out of South Notts. I believe their depot was in Gotham.

• Like 1

I travelled on the real thing on many occasions.

On the Clifton - Nottingham routes which went over Trent Bridge, and on the services to Loughborough which initially went from Huntingdon Street, and later from the 'new' Broad Marsh'.

The transfers I've ordered for this model route blind are Wilford,Clifton,Gotham,East Leake and Loughborough so the same or very similar to the route you went on

Rog

My mother was stationed in Woodhouse Eaves during her service in WW2. She also caught the train to Quorn and then walked, carrying a huge suitcase, to where she was based. Years ago, I took her back to Woodhouse Eaves and we tried to locate where she had been based: a place called Garrett's Hay. We tried very hard but couldn't find it. I do remember that there was a sudden thunderstorm and we both got wet through, having walked some distance from the car and there was nowhere to shelter.

I do remember seeing military type buildings on the road between Quorn and Woodhouse. Google will be our friend on this one.

Quorn and Woodhouse Station is still active on the heritage Gt. Central Railway. My neighbour down the lane drives on this railway. 3 years older than me and still driving trains!

Plantfit, hey Rog, I used to drive Daimler Fleetlines back in 1964, but for NCT at Bilborough depot. Can I ask where you got the model from? I would love to be able to acquire one, preferably in green and cream logo. Or perhaps these aren't available. Or did you paint the colours yourself. Regards, B.

Hubble (ex RCT/RLC) was stationed there towards the end of his 22 year stint, driving for the “boss” . It was great for us as a family as it’s just round the corner from home. 

It's a EFE 1/76 scale model, you can pick them up for about a tenner off ebay or similar, take them to bits and repaint in the colour of your choice, I did a trolley bus a few months ago in Notts corporation green but having trouble getting the correct transfers for it at the moment

P1100079.jpg

Hope this helps

Rog

@Beekay:    As an edit to previous post: EFE 18015 is another version: 49 NAU showing 40 Wilford Road & with Home Ales advert. 3 of the main toy dealers don’t have either in stock. One on e bay but seller wants £35:00 for it. They are out there. At least two have gone through Arthur Johnson’s recently. 

4 hours ago, plantfit said:

It's a EFE 1/76 scale model, you can pick them up for about a tenner off ebay or similar, take them to bits and repaint in the colour of your choice, I did a trolley bus a few months ago in Notts corporation green but having trouble getting the correct transfers for it at the moment

P1100079.jpg

Hope this helps

Rog

Are these any good to you? Just spotted them on Ebay.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295247492577?hash=item44be1f35e1:g:uC4AAOSwGhZZtvPl&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsPeQ3zVfiv9Ao%2BVsCmNGy%2BN82s6mvQwo9R8U3iCiZIUiVxrNII3oEHa9okfR7klduYrRzPxxIJ37LE8ZNTd%2BUnRSTJIYgE4Ced0Xlvl9bnk8xwQjt%2FfhWb5BiZRqM%2Fgnm9FpQ0hzN8RIeAjKWfAGGmmRgnHax3h8Bboxk3TB%2BdZlYfNDcjr9enFdfwOsPRH66dnIZ0v91QlllHM7%2BhmWD6BC0NYoxApDcmzyox1cZJz8|tkp%3ABk9SR9z4hLGDYQ

Brilliant Pianoman, many thanks for the link, just ordered them and should be with me a week tomorrow

Rog

Another model, this time West Bridgeford Urban District, Broad Marsh to Clifton estate via Trent Bridge

P1090995-2.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just about finished these two South Notts buses, 1/76 scale, they was a  Yorkshire bus and a London bus until I stripped the paint and re-painted them in the correct colours

DSCF1647-2.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

And the new liveried Nottingham City Transport six wheeled trolley bus is coming along nice with it's new green paint and the new linings

DSCF1652-2.jpg

Rog

• Like 2