10 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

I've been thinking the same thing for a while. This is it.

Thanks CT

Rog

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Reliant Regal with City of Nottingham Water Department on it side, I didnt know they used these, can anyone remember them.  

This is from Picture the Past, who cover Derbyshire, and Furness Vale is a village in the Peak District.   https://picturethepast.org.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/dchq001841/posteri

Great time at the Codnor sports club yesterday to see the model bus show, some great models on display nearly all putting mine to shame   1/50 scale Barton coaches and buses  

1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

I remember those days, when all the Nottingham fire engines had a registration number which included 999.

And that’s also why some retired firefighters have 999 as part of their car registrations (like my brother).

Also, didn’t NCT buses used to have the number from the registration as the bus number?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Yes, I remember NCT buses having a fleet number which was the same as the registration number. That must've taken a bit of administrative manoeuvring.

For all those with interest in this subject, Stephen Ford,( he used to post on here ) has compiled a fleet list for half cabs and trolley buses.

I hope this leads you to it: http://www.old-bus-photos.co.uk

• Like 1

My next door neighbours Cadillac Miller-Meteor "Ectomobile" "Ecto 1" built from a kit over four years and heaven knows how much money, all metal construction and very heavy, working doors,lights and even sound

P1100280_(2).jpg

P1100281.jpg

P1100284.jpg

Rog

Nice models have been shown on this topic amazing how much time and effort have been put in either building or altering them to their own specification. Me I just purchased them, the grand kids would play with them when little, under supervision. When we moved 22 years ago the wife insisted they all, some 40 odd, went into the loft, where they have stayed and I forgot about them until seeing these on this Topic. I have brought them down and they are on the kitchen table, the wife assures me they will soon be going back into the loft.

I have attached 2 photos one of a City Transport bus and also 2 other buses.

city-bus.jpg

more-buses.jpg

• Like 1

Nice models Trogg, I see your North Western bus suffered the same paint crazing as one of my trolley buses, ok now it's re-painted in NCT livery

P1100048.jpg

P1100426.jpg

Rog

Wooden model of a 1956 Chevy made by the kids of Cuba bought back by my daughter for me, probably only cost a few cents but no doubt paid for a good supply of food for the family

P1100408.jpg

Rog

10 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

He gets everywhere - even on the side of a trolleybus

He certainly does

Rog

3 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

Why not get a display cabinet for them?

We moved from a much bigger house to a two bed bungalow so there is no room to display them so am told lol.

Most of them are still in their boxes, I am terrible of getting rid of anything in garage or sheds, my son and grandson always come searching for bits when they need anything as I never throw anything away. But it gives me satisfaction to know it will be a problem for my lads when my time comes. 

3 minutes ago, trogg said:

We moved from a much bigger house to a two bed bungalow so there is no room to display them so am told lol.

Most of them are still in their boxes, I am terrible of getting rid of anything in garage or sheds, my son and grandson always come searching for bits when they need anything as I never throw anything away. But it gives me satisfaction to know it will be a problem for my lads when my time comes. 

I keep a lot of mine on the conservatory windowsill at the front of the bungalow, as long as I keep it tidy and clean it down every so often Mrs P don't seem to mind

DSCF1632_(2).jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Old Railbus kit built from a Dapol kit, OO gauge, can be motorised but I didn't bother with that,hand painted this one but made a mess of it around the windows, learned my lesson though "paint before fitting windows" just nice to have it sat in the sidings

P1100041.jpg

Rog

I have model of a narrowboat which I read can be motorised and radio controlled, but I'm afraid I've lost the assembly instructions.

I do know that, because it is a plastic assembly kit, it would need to be sealed and ballasted ( is that a proper word?). I'll take a picture tomorrow and take dimensions when it's lighter and I would value your opinion Rog., if you'd be so kind, although have to admit, I'm not in your league.   B.

14 minutes ago, Beekay said:

I have model of a narrowboat which I read can be motorised and radio controlled, but I'm afraid I've lost the assembly instructions.

I do know that, because it is a plastic assembly kit, it would need to be sealed and ballasted ( is that a proper word?). I'll take a picture tomorrow and take dimensions when it's lighter and I would value your opinion Rog., if you'd be so kind, although have to admit, I'm not in your league.   B.

nothing to do with "league" mate, if you enjoy what you do thats great, I'm sure if you did a search in the internet you would be able to find instructions for your model, I have seen quite a few narrow boat models and they look really good going through the water, would be a good project for you mate

Rog

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Don't know if you'll see these Rog.,if not, I'll post em one at a time. I believe 1/76 scale.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/k7vJwwT

Wow, that is beautiful, a lot of hours gone into making that one, some very fine details as well, what make of kit is it or did you scratch build it?

Rog

Sorry Rog, can't remember who the kit maker was. Bought in canal chandler's at Wrenbury Mill, on the Llangollen canal, must be at least twenty years ago. I believe it cost about £24(ish) back then.  B.

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Sorry Rog, can't remember who the kit maker was. Bought in canal chandler's at Wrenbury Mill, on the Llangollen canal, must be at least twenty years ago. I believe it cost about £24(ish) back then.  B.

Checkout "Craftline Models HD70" on ebay, looks very much like your model

Rog