Had a look Rog, as per your suggestion. Alas, they are not the same. The Craftline all appear to be Balsa wood models with printed sheets for glueing on the finished craft. Mine came complete with figures, including steerer and ships Dog, also a canvas sheet cover, which involved some cutting and sewing as part of the construction. The finished craft required self painting. There's even  a little Buckby can which I painted, that sits on the cabin roof. I also bought a set of lock gates which I made into a little working model, but I gave that to a Primary school, to use as a demo of canals.  B.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Reliant Regal with City of Nottingham Water Department on it side, I didnt know they used these, can anyone remember them.  

Managed to find a Leyland Atlantean I could re-brand as NCT, so here is the result from this     To this         Waiting for the destina

This is from Picture the Past, who cover Derbyshire, and Furness Vale is a village in the Peak District.   https://picturethepast.org.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/dchq001841/posteri

41 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Had a look Rog, as per your suggestion. Alas, they are not the same. The Craftline all appear to be Balsa wood models with printed sheets for glueing on the finished craft. Mine came complete with figures, including steerer and ships Dog, also a canvas sheet cover, which involved some cutting and sewing as part of the construction. The finished craft required self painting. There's even  a little Buckby can which I painted, that sits on the cabin roof. I also bought a set of lock gates which I made into a little working model, but I gave that to a Primary school, to use as a demo of canals.  B.

Worth a look mate, I saw a model of some lock gates when I was looking for the narrow boat, I do like your model though,it's a cracking job especially the hand sewn canvas sheet and painting

Rog

T type coach, this time an old Keil Kraft kit, a bit basic and no interior stuff but a nice little kit all the same, this is also 1/76 scale

P1090990.jpg

Rog

The 08 diesel shunter requires a respray, the other two aren't too bad at the moment, the little "Pug" saddle tank loco is a Dapol kit build unmotorised, the 040 loco is a repaint Hornby and the 08 is a Triang, both working models

DSCF1791.jpg

Rog

Morning Rog, seeing your above picture of the diesel loco reminded me of this 5" gauge engine I built in 1988. That is my late son driving on his passenger carrying test in 1989, (he passed away in May 1990). That's not me behind him.....

Andy-On-A-Train-1989.jpg

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Morning Rog, seeing your above picture of the diesel loco reminded me of this 5" gauge engine I built in 1988. That is my late son driving on his passenger carrying test in 1989, (he passed away in May 1990). That's not me behind him.....

Andy-On-A-Train-1989.jpg

What a lovely photo and a beautiful memory for you Barrie, where was the picture taken

Rog

The photograph was taken at Tonbridge Model Engineering Society, in Tonbridge, Kent. I used to be the secretary there, but after my sons death in May 90', I sort of lost all reason to go anymore. I built the loco for his benefit and being disabled, it was something he could do safely. I left at the end of the year and gave my engine away to a fellow member who's son attended the school where I lived and worked.  B.

20 minutes ago, Beekay said:

The photograph was taken at Tonbridge Model Engineering Society, in Tonbridge, Kent. I used to be the secretary there, but after my sons death in May 90', I sort of lost all reason to go anymore. I built the loco for his benefit and being disabled, it was something he could do safely. I left at the end of the year and gave my engine away to a fellow member who's son attended the school where I lived and worked.  B.

What a nice gesture to give the engine away and I'm sure it was really appreciated by both club and the club member

Rog

Three more of my models first a Ford Zephyr 6 , I had one of these a great car column gear change and bench sear, Next a Ford Zodiac and finally a Vauxhall Cresta, a car I lusted after but never purchased also with a bench seat.

zephyr6.jpg

zodiac.jpg

cresta.jpg

1 hour ago, trogg said:

Three more of my models first a Ford Zephyr 6 , I had one of these a great car column gear change and bench sear, Next a Ford Zodiac and finally a Vauxhall Cresta, a car I lusted after but never purchased also with a bench seat.

zephyr6.jpg

zodiac.jpg

cresta.jpg

Beautiful models, they look very detailed, what scale are they?

Rog

Rog I have photographed the box with the details on, I still have all the boxes of them all so its easier to store them. Now that I have remembered about them I must find a place to put them so that I can see them. I am sure SWMBO will help me and dust them.

crestabox.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Think we're gaining interest in this Transport lark Rog. thumbsup

Screenshot-20221027-124848-Chrome.jpg

Love it, brilliant, I want Need one

Rog

2 hours ago, trogg said:

Rog I have photographed the box with the details on, I still have all the boxes of them all so its easier to store them. Now that I have remembered about them I must find a place to put them so that I can see them. I am sure SWMBO will help me and dust them.

crestabox.jpg

I have seen a few of their series of vehicles, nice size as well 1/43 scale, I have all the boxes to my bus and coaches, all in four carrier bags in the loft, I'm sure you wife would be pleased to help keep dust off them, it would keep her occupied while you were checking out ebay for some more models slywink

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

Latest "Donor" model, I am going to re-brand this as a 1950's/60's Nottingham City Transport bus with the destination blind of Broad Marsh to Clifton estate probably a 67 or 68 service. My idea is to have a history of Nottingham public transport through the ages from horse drawn coach, horse drawn tram, electric tram, trolley bus and finally motor buses

DSCF1946-2.jpg

Rog

32 minutes ago, The Pianoman said:

That model is/was available as a NCT Leyland/Orion. In the mostly green scheme with narrow cream bands.

The asking price for some of the Nottingham buses/coaches is way too high (my opinion) usually around the thirty to forty quid mark, this one cost me £3.99 plus I got the satisfaction of re-branding it myself and hopefully it will be a one off.

Rog

Edited, just had a look at what waterslide transfers I have that will suit this bus and I found a pair of 67 Broad Marsh to Clifton front and rear so they'll do nicely

Some re-painting and re-branding of the horse drawn vehicles but slowly getting through the history of Nottingham public transport in miniature

DSCF1947-2.jpg

Rog

The Leyland has been taken to pieces and spray painted now, the interior hand painted although not sure of the colour (probably should be green) it now requires the thin line about halfway up the body then the destination blinds putting on and clear lacquer applying before re-assembly, so far so good

DSCF1952-2.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Rog, hey up ! If my distant memory serves me correctly, the internal colours of the buses was a cream colour, (although upstairs soon got stained with nicotine from smokers). This was to make it lighter inside, especially when the internal lights were switched on. The seats I'm sure were green leather.   B.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Rog, hey up ! If my distant memory serves me correctly, the internal colours of the buses was a cream colour, (although upstairs soon got stained with nicotine from smokers). This was to make it lighter inside, especially when the internal lights were switched on. The seats I'm sure were green leather.   B.

Thanks Barrie, the green paint is out now and ready to go on.

Rog

Gotta admit though Pianoman, I was one of those guilty miscreants who contributed to the nicotine stain on the upper deck. But it was 60 years ago and I didn't know any better. Didn't stop smoking until about 15 years later. Now I'm an old man and still know bugger all.

But I'm happy.  B.

• Like 1