Doctor's prescriptions of old

14 hours ago, Gem said:

Mrs B, could it have been aloe Vera .

Gem

Think it might be Aquasha chips.probably spelt it wrong but that’s what it sounded like. Mum used to use it for my brother who bit his nails.Aloe vero is bitter but I use it with honey and either gin, brandy or other spirit. It’s a good cure for lots of things. ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF SPIRIT in case you think I’m an alcoholic. Drunk 3 times a day before meals.

We had 2 Doctors at our surgery on Robin Hood Chase, The waitings rooms were freezing there used to be an electric fire with 1 element on, each time some one had been in to see the doctor they would knock on th waiting room door and say Dr's free the next person would ask is it Dr Davidson or Dr Gomaz if it was Davidson it was a bit like seeing the police sargent,  I came home from school one day and my brother and wife (he was in the RAF) wanted to return to camp, but there little boy had come out coverd in spots, Dr Davidson was called well he said it's Measals, my sister-in-law ask if it was OK o go back to camp?  reply from Dr Davidson "Well if you don't want to take him with you lock the ??? in the coal cellar and just go. With this he stormed out the front door leaving family speachless.

OH! the surgery did move forward instead  of having to knock on the waiting room door, it had 2 large light blubs put in  the one in red the doc was with some one and green if the Doc was free,, Harrr? but ehich doctor was it?

Our GP surgery, on the ground floor of a Victorian villa on Alfreton Road, had an antiquated gas fire on full pelt! They'd never afford it at today's prices! We sat round the walls of the room awaiting our turn. Windows closed, patients coughing, sneezing, spluttering... If you hadn't got the lurgy when you went in, you'd surely have it by the time you came out, in addition to whatever ailment took you there in the first place.