What Tv Programmes Do You Miss?

Hello Expats :P

I was just wondering if there any particular TV programmes you miss form the UK.

I am really rapt as we have cable TV & are able to watch Coronation St & Eastenders on the UK channel. There are also some great British comedy shows on there too. Not sure if you get much English content in Canada or USA?

We are still 2 yrs behind with Coro but it doesn't matter,we watch it anyway.

Caz

:blink: Well fik me, 2 years behind on Coro i get it now, Daaaaaaaaa :blink:

:D Yes mother i will put the cat out before i go to my bed, no mother Brown is the live wire ! :blink:

post-34-1101333041_thumb.gif

Hi Admin :)

Our Ena is definately dead as are most of the originals. Old Kenneth Barlow is still going strong & looks ok for his age,which is over 70 I think? but you'd know that anyway.

We are pretty desperate over here for good TV,we get mostly yankee stuff & out of respect to the expats from USA I won't tell you what I think of it!! :angry:

No you are quite right Black Ice "Rapt" wasn't on the card I sent you, it means I am very happy & as you can see it doesn't take much :lol:

Cazza

Well those were the days when they had real characters in Coro'

The only one I rate nowadays is Fred Elliott

Coro is such a good subject it deserves it's own topic.

Can you remember the original Characters.

What were your favorite characters, or events in the street over the years?

<POST REPLIES IN A NEW THREAD HERE>

:o Seeings a new topic hasn't been started on the subject of Coro St i will post a little comp on this thread...can anyone tell me how many barmaids have there been up to 1991 and can you name them.. :o over to you :o

post-34-1101773407_thumb.gif

well up until 1991 there were 27 barmaids: :P

Concepta Riley

Nona Lewis

Doreen Lostock

Irma Ogden

Lucille Hewitt

Hilda Ogden

Emily nugent

Betty Turpin

Bet Lynch

Blanche Hunt

Gail Potter

Dawn Perks

Arlene Jones

Diane Hawkins

Carole Fairbanks

Suzie Birchall

Kathy Goodwin

Gloria Todd

Noreen Barnett

Sally Seddon

Margot Richardson

Vera Duckworth

Sandra Stubbs

Tina Fowler

Meagan Morgan

Liz Mcdonald

Angie Freeman

and up to 2004, 54 in total [including a couple of fellas] which doesn't include all the landlords & ladies who also worked the bar.

Caz

I need a large drink :blink:

• Like 1

:D I have got to disagree with ya Caz, according to my sorces there have been 16 Barmaids up until 1991, they are =: Suzie Burchall, Sally Webster, Gail Platt, Liz McDonald, Angie Freeman, and Gloria Todd

Alison Dougherty, Kath Goodwin, Doreen Lostock, Irma Barlow, Margo Richardson, Sandra Stubbs, Maureen Barnett, and Tina Fowler. :wub:

:D Is this wot ya meen by a large drink :D

post-34-1102022657_thumb.png

:D Well i think we might have to agree to disagree Caz.. Heres another teezer,

:D Who used the first swear word on the street , also what was said.

The first swear word on the Street was said by >>>> >>>>>> as >>>> stood over >>>>>>> who had just been electrocuted:

:o In the world today i don't think this word would be scorned apone as much as it was then :o

Lol! Well according to my sources ;) some of the barmaids I named may have only taken over the bar for a few days or so hence the large amount of staff,but having a quick peruse of the names you posted they seem to match mine so i'm not too upset :P thank god i did'nt bother with the rest!! Looks to me like the original barmaids weren't included in your list,& I remember most of them so I know they were there. :unsure:

Had the drink gave me a headache :(

Caz

If you want to Know, ask the number one fan

Our Cat Eddie.

Here he is seen awaiting the next episode.

(This is a genuine photo, not a photoshop jobby!)

post-34-1102028061_thumb.jpg

The first swear word on the Street was said by >>>> >>>>>> as >>>> stood over >>>>>>> who had just been electrocuted:

:o In the world today i don't think this word would be scorned apone as much as it was then :o

Ena Sharples as she stood over Valerie Barlow who had just been electrocuted she said:

Bloody hell how inconsiderate at tea time an all! :o

Is it Elsie Tanner then? <_< & was the word she used really a swear word or just something we would have been scalded for saying like..........Jesus or goddamn oh no wrong era!? it wasnt **** was it? Lol :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Ena Sharples as she stood over Valerie Barlow who had just been electrocuted she said:

Bloody hell how inconsiderate at tea time an all! :o

About time you told us BIP I have no idea ;)

• 13 years later...

Sort of back to front but the program I missed when I came back to Notts from Germany was Musikladen, (a sort of German Top Of The Pops) it had very pretty girls on it so I could have a good perv. However I've found some old programs on you tube... SWMBO drove me mad when we were in America as she watched Eastenders form yonks ago on PBS channel 2 every night, it was a load of old tosh like all soaps. I liked the old Benny Hill shows though, lol... 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...