Cream! there's a goodun, Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and wasn't it Eric Clapton. Fantastic drum solo on the track called TOAD, aaaah the memories are coming back.

Hermans Hermits, The Searchers, Freddie and the Dreamers, Dave Clarke five etc,etc

... to be totally accurate Craig you are correct. Queen started in 1970 and again the concept of is 0 or 10 the first decade,i.e.1960,or1970. The group they were was around in the 60`s(Smile),but none the less,still the greatest rock band. B)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Beatles for me (Although the Beach Boys run them a close second)

Jerry & The Pacemakers, the Beatles, or Freddie and the Dreamers.

Jerry and the Pacemakers were the first Liverpool band to have three consecutive number ones weren't they? If so they would be my choice.

Freddie Garrety( not sure of spelling) died last year after many years of ill health apparently he was mooted as "Britans Answer To Buddy Holly" all I know is he could sing and make me laugh at the same time, what a brilliant guy he was.

Jerry & The Pacemakers, the Beatles, or Freddie and the Dreamers.

Jerry and the Pacemakers were the first Liverpool band to have three consecutive number ones weren't they? If so they would be my choice.

Freddie Garrety( not sure of spelling) died last year after many years of ill health apparently he was mooted as "Britans Answer To Buddy Holly" all I know is he could sing and make me laugh at the same time, what a brilliant guy he was.

I worked with Freddy and the Dreamers on many occasion at the Mardi Gras ,really nice people all of them.

Jerry and the pacemakers were the fist act to have their first three recordings get too number one. The next time it was achieved was coincidently by another Liverpool band , Frankie goes to Hollywood in the 80's

Incidentally there were other coincidences between the two acts which we can go into at a later date

I worked with Freddy and the Dreamers on many occasion at the Mardi Gras ,really nice people all of them.

Jerry and the pacemakers were the fist act to have their first three recordings get too number one. The next time it was achieved was coincidently by another Liverpool band , Frankie goes to Hollywood in the 80's

Incidentally there were other coincidences between the two acts which we can go into at a later date

Be a story worth hearing I'm sure Beefsteak.

Well for a start Gerry A T P first two number ones were love (with hidden inuendoes) songs as were FGTH then their third number ones had religious connection You'll never walk alone by GATP and the power of love by FGTH although it was more the video that did it for Frankie

There are a lot more (I'm pretty sure I have a list some where ie someone in FGTH's auntie was Gerry's sister/cousin etc) I'll see if I can dig it out.

Well for a start Gerry A T P first two number ones were love (with hidden inuendoes) songs as were FGTH then their third number ones had religious connection You'll never walk alone by GATP and the power of love by FGTH although it was more the video that did it for Frankie

There are a lot more (I'm pretty sure I have a list some where ie someone in FGTH's auntie was Gerry's sister/cousin etc) I'll see if I can dig it out.

Blimey!

As you were invoved in the "Music scene" I wonder if you knew David Gaunt at all? He was in a group in the old Meadows, they used to rehearse/Jam at the Old Meadows Boys Club.

Name is vaguely familiar although I never frequented the meadows (it is probably before my era too)

Me and hubby were bikers in the 60s, so we have always liked the stones. We love all 60s music and we go to a 60s music weekend at skeg every year to see about 12 bands playing. It is on at the end of october and they have bands like the fourmost,the fortunes,dave berry. The organisers of the weekend also sing and play with the dreamers. They had the troggs there 2 years ago and they were awesome.