My son, who spends most of the year working in Tanzania, today sent me the entire 471 pages of Prince Harry’s book, on WhatsApp!   I never had any intention of buying the book and probably won’t be reading what’s arrived via the internet.  From what I’ve seen and heard so far on TV he’s put all our military, Royal Family and the entire British population in danger of retaliation from the Taliban.    What a sad, mixed-up young man Harry has turned out to be, I won’t comment on the woman pulling his strings!  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I think it is high time all the people who complained about Jeremy Clarkson's now well know comments should give him a public apology!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
56 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

I won’t comment on the woman pulling his strings!  

OK own up, how many of you have bought a copy of "Spare" to read Prince Plonker's view of the world?

I see from various sources that the price varies between 33 and 14 quid.

You've got to sell a hell of a lot of books to recoup the allegedly 50 million that Harry got.

I am avoiding all UK media until the hype has died. Luckily coverage is not to the forefront on local media.

Strings yes certainly something

This very unbalanced and easily led bloke is now whingeing about his words (or those of his ghostwriter) being taken out of context.  He, of all people, since he's apparently an experienced killer, should know what to expect if you stick your head above the parapet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He's generated a lot of publicity about the book whether it was intentional or not, and people are talking about it and buying it, so maybe he's not that dumb.

On the basis that there's no such thing as bad publicity, he's on to a winner. Presumably he needs the money.

This has appeared in various places on the internet; it's a bookshop window display in Swindon with two books side-by-side.

VJRknXU.jpg

• Like 4

He's very much in the mould of his 2x great uncle, Edward aka David. His wife is almost a reincarnation of Wallis Warfield Simpson. She even looks like her.  History repeats itself. Intellectually challenged, wealthy male falls into the clutches of much brighter, avaricious female. "Never mind the title, David. Get the money" was her philosophy. If you watch the archive films of the two of them together, the body language tells a pathetic tale. She couldn't abide him but you don't part with a goose that lays golden eggs. Result: misery. Pretty much the same in the current situation, I suspect.

• Like 1

Yes. I remember in an interview on the tele when he first got in with Meghan his words were something like "I know it looks like history repeating itself". The idea should be to learn from history - ie don't do it!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Clifton, I saw that as well, very clever display.  I have mixed views about the whole Harry debacle. I can see why he left the firm but I am also married to a 22 years in the Army veteran and what he recalls on that score publicly is definitely not acceptable. Considering they moved for privacy and more security, he hasn’t done them or indeed Invictus any favours. I did watch the Tom Brady interview and was glad I did instead of just reading the media who have just pulled out the sensational headlines without the full story behind them. I won’t be reading the book though, think it would actually be a hard read. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

He's generated a lot of publicity about the book whether it was intentional or not, and people are talking about it and buying it, so maybe he's not that dumb.

On the basis that there's no such thing as bad publicity, he's on to a winner. Presumably he needs the money.

This has appeared in various places on the internet; it's a bookshop window display in Swindon with two books side-by-side.

VJRknXU.jpg

That is aptly place next to how to kill your family isn't it  ?

Being slightly off piste with the Spare controversy I do, however, remain convinced that Mr Privacy is not of royal descendant. I cannot bring myself to call these upstarts royal, just opportunists who have managed to remain as state figureheads but nothing more than that.

As most observers of the Charlie Diana feud, it must be plain to see that Mr Privacy is closely suspected as being a Mr Hewitt and therefore has no royal standing at all and as such he is nothing more than a mere commoner.

• Upvote 1

Yes thanks for posting the video, certainly emphasises my comment about sensational media headlines without including the whole context. 

• Upvote 1