hi, Back in  about 1957/8 at trentbridge juniors. at about 0845  in the  morning  we were inplayground . In the sky was a big bright silver light, it was stationary, some of the kids shouted to the teacher to come and have a look,, I think it was Mr. Addlem who came , at first he thought it was Venus  but he then changed his mind, so he went and fetched miss slack and mr. Pearson  but nobody could agree.... Cut a long story short  it was still in the same place at break time about 10 o'clock,,,  just as bright and  as big, so one of the teachers phoned for copper. he came and he did not know what it was. they dis counted Venus , a plane whether balloon, any way when we came out at dinner it was still there but  some of us saw it disappear about  1230 pm ish  Does anybody remember the incident or am I of on a trip !!!  regards don

• Like 1

I remember something similar ,must of been 1964, a bright light in the sky ,looking stationary around 11 a.m in the st anns well area I was in Leicester street at the time .

hi  MargieH,  if I Remember right the light was about the size of an old sixpence, it certainly was  not the moon or the sun..regards don

I agree.  It’s also like when you take an ordinary photo of a full moon (one of those that look big). The photo shows a much smaller image.