Curry houses in Nottm

Did anyone see The Curry Lounge in Upper Parliament Street on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares last night ?

Or indeed been ?

http://www.thisisnot...tentPK=19240233

Nice to see Shedfixman back , read your interview in left lion .

http://www.leftlion....les.cfm/id/1051

I never saw this, i meant to try and catch up with it but never got round too it. Im presuming its now very much improved now then coz i love it! He was on secret millionaire too. Proper little publicity grabber!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Radfordred, you should write a food column in the Post ...... I'll check your reviews before I book a table at any Nottingham restaurant in future!

Thats interesting to know as Royce was my half brother and he actually went back to Bangladesh i guess in those days it would have been East Paklstan and  sadly died poor and destitute in about 2002  

For me, the finest Indian restaurant from the late 70s and early 80s was Laguna Tandoori on Mount Street. I visited the place a couple of moths ago, and the menu hadn't changed. It doesn't need to.

Chillis Restaurant on Mansfield Road

The Cheeky Boggers!

They pinched the logo from my favorite american eatery

Chillis Restaurant Indian Restaurant & Takeaway | 577 Mansfield Rd

http://www.chillistakeaway.com/

3517883.png

Chillis US

http://www.chilis.com/

IMG_6273a.jpg

• 2 months later...

for 2 - pickle tray - starter - main - nan = £36 beer take you own.

We ate there just before Christmas - really good meal, very attentive staff, bring your own booze. Couldnt fault it

• 3 months later...

I remember my Dad taking us to an Indian restaurant for the first time in the early 70's or late 60's it was upstairs somewhere in maid Marion Way us kids just had mango ( for the first time) with Ice cream!!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

For me, the finest Indian restaurant from the late 70s and early 80s was Laguna Tandoori on Mount Street.

I visited the place a couple of moths ago, and the menu hadn't changed. It doesn't need to. It remains one of the finest Indian restaurant I have ever been to, and over the years that has been many!

Tony Vohra the owner, still takes as much care over his customers as he did some decades ago. First class place.

• Upvote 2

Bombay Brasserie, Mapperley Top. Superb food, great service and a very extensive menu. Not cheap, but well worth it.

• Upvote 1

Loved a good Curry,but its another thing my Doc.told me to cut out,he must be running out of things to ban me from.

Never been

Excellent reviews

Laguna Tandoori - TripAdvisor

Mick, there are three (or four if you count Cumin, further down on Maid Marian Way) of the finest Indian restaurants in the country. 4550 Miles from Delhi is superb, Meem Sahib is equally as good, but Laguna is the best of the lot for my tastes. Its like comparing Manchester United to Chelsea and Arsenal. They are all top flight curry houses. I have been to the Bombay Brasserie in London and the food there is inferior to Laguna or Meem Sahib by a long way. In fact, the food is better than I have tasted in India (although I have only ever been to India once, to Mumbai)

Nottingham should be proud that it can compare itself with London for Indian food.

To stretch a point, Shabab Nan Kebab on Radford Road is Pakistani food, and is different from Indian food (I'm vegetarian as are many Nottingham Hindus, hence my affection for the curry triangle at Mount Street) but Shabab is superb too.

Mercury dancer, the Bombay on Mapperley Top is a one-off, not even associated with another Bombay in W Bridgford according to the owners when I asked 2 or 3 yrs ago. I like Laguna too but haven't been in there for some time.

Man in Indian restaurant orders chicken tarka,

Waiter says, "Sorry, I knowing not that dish."

Man replies, "It's like a tikka but a little otter".