• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone know is the ''Bodega'' still going?   have beautiful memories of the place,,, met a girl there in 1963 called Katrina from Carlton one sunday night,,i was with a mate called Keith Attenborough,

Only went in once......just after first divorce.....went by myself determined to pull'''   new 3 piece suit,,,cracking new shirt,,with Tie Pin thru the collar (remember them?).........didn't Pull,,i w

Yes Fly find out mate,, thinking of going again,,,will pull i know it......so if you come with me don't cramp me style...........lol

Frank. I'me sure it opened B4 74?

The Musters had a Disco Club (name?) that Moved to Colwick, near the race course in the 80's?

The Musters last I saw was a Hostel for DHSS types!

The Musters went a few years ago Charlie, went downhill slowly. It could be houses or flats now.

In the seventies they had a talent show on Sunday lunch time. Can anybody remember the compere who was also a resident singer.

We were still building it Mick when the Miners strike was on - remember the power cuts? 4 hours of electric and then 4 hours off?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/s...000/4207111.stm

Inside the centre we had to sit in plantrooms playing cards by candle light as it was too dark to work. he he

The Intercon did open before the centre though - not by many months

I think it opened before 74 too - 'cos the cecil Gee crowd were coming into the Penny in 73 - mind you I was never actually sure what century I was in so I could be wrong. Does anyone know for sure?

Hey guys - I get the feeling that if i cam back to town, I wouldn't recognize the place!

Are the boat clubs still down on the river?

I was at the opening of the "Emmett Fountain" in 73 a while after the 'Vicky Center' opened .The first time I was ever on T.V. Albeit running up an escalator behind the T.V. camera shot of "Roland Emmett" the designer of said Heath Robinson inspired clock

There are two things I remember about the Vicci center, but not all my memories are accurate. :rolleyes:

One is that, originally, the heat for the flats came from that huge incinerator which they built in West Bridgford, cost a fortune and didn't heat the flats! (I can vouch for the last bit having been in one of them during the winter - as a visitor). The lady in question was called Pip Langstaff and she worked down in Habitat which I remember being on the left, on the way in at the Mansfield Road end........

The other is htat in the end they became really dangerous places to live becasue of those long, quiet corridors leading to the flats. I think one or two people were robbed and I also think a girl was attacked one time.

Are the flats still there? Do people still live in them?

By the way - I forgot to mention so far, of all the places I've been and lived, Nottingham was the best. I hope all the changes haven't changed that! thumbsup

• 9 months later...

It was definitely there in 86 because I remember who I used to go with , and I met her in that year, I don't think it had been going long then though, because it was still the 'in place ' to go .

We used to go to the Musters Hotel in the early 70's as well.

Then it changed into a good music pub in the 80's

I used to go to the Musters in the mid 70's to see pub rock bands: Bees Make Honey, Ducks Deluxe and Brinsley Schwartz spring to mind. Also Kilburn and the High Roads which was Ian Drury's band pre-Blockheads.

DJ Petal & I promoted the pub rock at the Musters.A lot of the bands only ever played London gigs before that. The drummer from Ducks Dekuxe went on to play in the band Ace. I called him up one day to ask if Ace would play the Union.......LOL..they did!

I am going to be sad now , but I saw Patti Boulay there one Sunday night in the very early 80s , as has been mentioned , soup in a basket etc ...............LOL

I saw Jim Davidson in December 1970 at the Musters. Chicken & Chips in a basket.

I remember it well as we has just got back after living in Scotland for a while.

Jim was just starting out on his career.

The club on lower Parliament St just round the corner from Hockley, in the late seventies was called the Society club.

That's the one. But later on it was renamed to Toppers or something?