Anything Political

17 hours ago, Brew said:

Now under the guise of reducing waiting times Labour proposes to spend money in the private sector, a quick fix solution that has every likelihood of becoming an expensive permanent policy.

But that has been happening since 2000, when Labour were previously in power. If there was an excessive wait for treatment, the NHS were able to use the private sector.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do you feel the need to influence others? What is your motivation for so doing? Is it because you think you know better than they? Is it because it feeds your ego if and when you succeed?  Is it b

HSR: Col is given a 'free rein to spout his opinions' for exactly the reasons you are, only he does so with more civility.   Recently there have been a couple of attacks on the validity of t

True enough but none quite so 'in your face' or as blatant. To paraphrase Mone "I didn't lie to hide the the fact we're making £60 million and hiding it in a trust, it was to to protect my family

14 minutes ago, Rob.L said:

If there was an excessive wait for treatment, the NHS were able to use the private sector.

They still do but it is now no longer an ad hoc option it's to become a regular part of the service and the cost will come from the budget to the detriment of the NHS. It is no more and no less than creeping privatisation and patients will be the ones who suffer in the long run.

Senior consultants (who stand to gain most), have said as much.

This article explains it better:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/mar/08/private-hospitals-cannibalising-nhs-in-england-by-doing-10-of-elective-operations

I'm confused. I was under the impression  that the Police had already decided to investigate Angela Raynor's tax affairs a couple of weeks ago. Yet it's headline news on the BBC today, 

Of course, the sight of well known fraudster Grant Schapps getting all indignant about supposed 'hyoocrisy' on the part of Raynor is irony of epic proportions.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DJ360 said:

'm confused. I was under the impression  that the Police had already decided to investigate Angela Raynor's tax affairs a couple of weeks ago. Yet it's headline news on the BBC today,

Apparently witnesses have come forward to offer fresh evidence, and there is a new complaint from a different quarter.

Whilst I would like to see her slapped down, I think it's a sad comment on the state of the political scene today that they are using the police as agents to attack teach other.

Starmer of course is back on the fence of plausible deniability. "I've not seen the legal advice letter, but my team has". Yeah right...

On 4/12/2024 at 5:38 PM, Brew said:

Whilst I would like to see her slapped down, 

Not the sort of language I normally  associate  with you Jim.

Do you mean in general, or just in relation to any ALLEGED wrongdoing?

You know that she is probably more feared by the Tories than any other Labour politician, including Starmer hence the Tory feeding frenzy. I mean, is it normal for a Senior Tory to write a book entitled 'The Unofficial Biography of Angela Raynor'?

Seems quite creepy to me.

As I understand  it, there were two properties involved and that she was at some point separated from her husband/ partner. This may be the root of issues/ confusion.

I don't know any more., except that Tory James Daly on Politics Live literally just now..was unable to outline ANY specific alleged wrongdoing, even though he is the one who brought them to the attention  of Police. Frankly, he looked decidedly sheepish and uncomfortable.

He should anyway, as his majority in Bury North is just 0.2%, so he's almost certainly  toast at the next election.

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Not the sort of language I normally  associate  with you Jim.

I was using language anyone (Raynor), who calls people 'homophobic, racist, misogynistic scum'. would understand. There's more but too rude for this forum.

I don't know any more details than you and I'm sure you noted I did not accuse her of any wrongdoing. I simply replied to your post that new evidence and a new complaint based on it had been made.

I will accuse her of hypocrisy.

I also said politicians are using the police as agents to attack each other. The investigation as I understand it regards her statement in 2015 about her main residence, and is therefore out of time for prosecution  making the police investigation pointless. The second allegation is about tax and if she owes for capital gains on the sale of a house.

This is gutter politicking, and the Tories are descending to her level.

Leaving Rayner aside for a moment..

( I've been spelling it incorrectly..Raynor was my late Father in Law's stage name..)

Truss's performance on the telly yesterday ...

She comes across as seriously deranged and in deep denial.

And she wants Trump back.

And she supports Farage.

And she opposes anti smoking measures

Obviously  not remotely influenced by the Tuffron Street mob..