Anything Political

Brew, no such thing as an assault rifle, that's a media made up name..

It's legal in most states to "open carry" Here in Missouri I'm allowed to open carry in public, and after the new laws came into effect this year "Constitutional carry" that is concealed carry without a permit.

Arkansas, Texas, Kansas etc all have open carry law.

Personally, I don't carry a concealed weapon, nor would I open carry in public, it does tend to scare people, but why don't I carry at all off of my property?? Easy, crime is pretty low where I live and gun crime is just about none existent in these parts, so I don't see the need to carry extra weight around with me everywhere I go.

In 21 years of living around here, I have only heard of three gun crime incidents, one was some city slickers who thought they could rob a local hick town bank, their escape was thwarted when they ended up as hood ornaments on the front of an 80,000lb semi trailer. second was a woman who's hubby was cheating on her, she filled his but with bird shot from his shotgun, lucky it was birdshot, or his butt would have been spread across the county....LOL   3rd incident was a family matter a love triangle, feller was charged with murder.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True enough but none quite so 'in your face' or as blatant. To paraphrase Mone "I didn't lie to hide the the fact we're making £60 million and hiding it in a trust, it was to to protect my family

Why do you feel the need to influence others? What is your motivation for so doing? Is it because you think you know better than they? Is it because it feeds your ego if and when you succeed?  Is it b

HSR: Col is given a 'free rein to spout his opinions' for exactly the reasons you are, only he does so with more civility.   Recently there have been a couple of attacks on the validity of t

Letsavago, simple rules while driving a car when being stopped by a police officer, FIRST, he does not know what your intentions are, so approaches very cautiously, it's the most dangerous part of his/her job, a traffic stop!!

When stopped, turn off the engine, turn off the radio, open drivers side window, if night, switch on hazard lights, switch on cabin lights, put both hands on the steering wheel, if you have a passenger, tell them to place BOTH hands on the dash, the officer then can see you are low risk to his/her life. Wait until spoken to, be as polite as you can, the officer will tell you why he stopped you, DON'T argue with him, there is a good chance he will just warn you and let you go.

Does it work?? YES, been in that situation, by accident I turned right out of a motel on a one way street, I didn't see any signs when I came in and none when I checked out. I did everything the cop told me to do and he led me safely off the one way street without booking me.

• Upvote 1

Over here you can’t even carry an air rifle in public without a legitimate reason for doing so - such as going to a gun club. It has to be in a closed secure carrying bag. The power has to be under 12 ft. lbs. If it’s over that you have to have a firearms certificate from the police. I believe that in Scotland a licence is required for any air weapon.

My .22 air rifle is a Theoben Rapid 7 which has a seven shot magazine. It’s powered by a screw-in air bottle which is refilled from a diver’s air bottle. Having no spring it has no recoil and is virtually silent. It has an optical magnifying site and also a laser site. I don’t use it very often these days as I no longer have the heart to shoot at living creatures!

6 minutes ago, Ayupmeducks said:

The AR15 is just a small calibre rifle banned in most states for hunting deer, Why??? Because it usually leaves large game wounded instead of dead. It's not rated by gun owners as the best at anything, except target practice!!

And yet the American magazine Gun News Daily rates it both as target rifle and ( complete with sickening pictures), for hunting. It will apparently take down both deer and hogs. The American obsession of bigger the better blind many to the fact  a 5.56 round is more than capable of killing, only a poor shot or poor hunter would fail and leave an animal wounded.

If you doubt simply Google:  'Hunting with an AR15'. There are over 65 million pages on the subject

To imply the guy who was shot in the arm was lucky and only slighlty wounded is beyond my understanding...

Ayupmeducks

You mean to tell me you weren’t shot. Shock horror. What a surprise. A lucky escape you had there. You emphasis my point exactly.

As far as I’m aware, and as I said I’m not aware of all the facts, the man wasn’t in his car when the police first encountered him but he made his way to his car with the police within grabbing distance directly behind him. If he wasn’t armed then why didn’t they just grab him. Shooting him 7 times is ridiculously OTT but why didn’t he comply. Red mist I suspect. 

29 minutes ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Brew, no such thing as an assault rifle, that's a media made up name..

Actually Ayeup it's not. It comes from the German Sturmgewehr, WW2, which translates to 'assault rilfe' and is now the genric name for practically all military infantry rifles.

Well an AR15 is not a military rifle, the 16 is, but the 15 is a mere pea shooter at side of it, barrle wouldn't stand up to repeated shooting, it would overheat and droop, and it's not really a rifle, it's a carbine, shorter barrel. AR stands for Armalite Rifle after the company who first introduced the style.  Technically, my SKS and my Mosant Nagant are "assault rifles" as both were ex military rifles, in fact the Chinese PLA still use the SKS for ceremonial duties, much like the US army still keeps the M1 Garand for the same thing.

Letsavago, lets say you were in the firing line, someone poses a deadly risk to you, do you fire once? The risk gets up and pumps six shots into your chest and you're toast, or do you make sure the risk stays down keeping you safe??? 

I know what my answer would be, and if put in the position of deadly danger, I'd put as many bullets into my enemy as possible as quickly as possible before he/she gets off one or more rounds.

There's a good video somewhere, pretty sure it's on Youtube, where an anti gun guy, black as a matter of fact, was invited to a police tactical shooting training range to judge first hand without live rounds, how police train. Yep, he said if he'd been a cop and out on the streets he'd have wound up dead, or shooting innocent people, he now has the utmost respect for the police.

You have a split second to make a decision when faced with an armed thug, SPLIT second, and in that time it's you or him!!

That's why I don't want my wife carrying a gun. I asked her, could you kill someone without hesitation?  Took her a few moments of thought, I said your dead...... Could I??? You betchya, if it's you or me, then self preservation will make me squeeze that trigger, I'll worry about my conscience afterwards.

Barrels overheating on the 15 are  thing of the past and long.

3 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Well an AR15 is not a military rifle, the 16 is, but the 15 is a mere pea shooter at side of it,

Having read a few articles, because I have absolutely no experience beyond the EMEB .22 shooting range and skeet shooting, I have to say Ayeup most would seem to disagree.

Also I think your Chinese weapons might stop a man at a distance but up close and personal the sheer weight and length would be a hinderance. Your herd of feral pigs are not going to wait while you shoulder and aim. Carbines/Rifles - just semantics but most armies are now equipped with the shorter lighter weapons for good reason.

I've just had a look on Google at AR15 rifle images. Why the bloody hell would anybody want to tote one those cannons? Ayeup, you sound like a one man army with all your different guns. Glad you're on my side!

Not gonna make any comment on events stateside as I don't know the facts. Only see what the media want me to see. Take care pal. B.

We had up to 20 wild boar in our garden several times but I never remotely thought about having a gun. They are very shy creatures and vanish at the sight or sound of man or dog. They did a lot of damage to our property. I believe that it is illegal to hunt with air rifles in France because they are silent. Seems daft to me because you could be dead before hearing a firearm. 

• Like 1

You'd never go near feral pigs here, they will literally have you for dinner, the sows are bigger than domestic pigs and the Boars can be much larger.

Conservation has issued orders if we see feral pigs on our land to shoot them and dispose of the carcass by either burning or bury them. They cause so much damage and are a danger to domestic and farm livestock.

In Texas they have allowed hunting them from helicopter, the only game animal that you're allowed to kill that way.

When I lived down under, many of my mates hunted feral pigs, again they are classed as vermin, they will kill sheep and rip their liver out!! Mate of mine was pinned up a tree by a large Boar, he'd shot it with an arrow, but hadn't brought it down, it chased him, so the tree looked like a good place to take refuge...LOL  I asked him if he'd taken his rifle, just in case, apparently he dropped it while running for his life.

We also have Mountain Lions, (Cougars), Brown Bear, Black Bear, Bob Cats (Lynx) they can be pretty savage if they have kittens, but the she cats are only as big as a medium dog, but the Tom's are much bigger. Most of those animals tend to stay clear of humans.

About a year back, early hours of the morning on the main Hwy, semi trailer trucker hit a medium sized bear that ran across his path.

BK the AR15 isn't a cannon, the calibre is .223, some will take both the .223 cartridge and the 5.56mm cartridge, BUT the barrel has to be stamped with both sizes.

The actual bullet is a tad larger than the 22 long rifle bullet, so far from a cannon!!  Not certain, but I believe the AR16 is 30 cal cartridges.

I don't own many guns, I would like two more rifles, an M1 Garand and a Lee Enfield 303, but both are out of my budget, both very expensive rifles, even in fair condition.

The SKS round is 7.62mm x 39mm same size as the Mosin Nagant, but NOT interchangeable The Mosin uses a 7.62 x 39mmR Different extraction of spent cartridges.

Now the Mosin is a very heavy rifle, was first used in the late 1800's, mine was made in 1933, so if it could talk it would have a tale to tell.

I really don't care about the 'niceties' of firearms.  They can all kill.. including air weapons.  Let's be clear here.. these things are designed to KILL. Just because some people think it is OK to use them to kill wild animals.. doesn't make them any less dangerous to humans.

But.. as usual.. the 'gun lobby' and its representatives here.. will come up with any old crap to divert from the fact that America is overrun with firearms of all sorts.. resulting in many being ..legally or otherwise.. in the hands of irresponsible and unstable people... clearly including many police officers.

Nobody will ever convince me that shooting someone in the back SEVEN TIMES is responsible or necessary police work.

But.. more than the above. it is this whole idea that you need to be constantly ready to 'defend your freedom' or 'defend your property' by force of arms.. which just proves that America is really not the 'land of the free'.and certainly not any sort of example of civilisation or Democracy which the rest of the World ought to be looking up to.  As I said above. it seems whole swathes of you are busy fighting each other..

• Like 5

Ayeup, I'm sorry mate but all those numbers, sizes, names etc., don't mean a thing to me. I know which end a projectile comes out of and that's all I want to know. Used to be good with a catapult though when I were a ranger at Holme Pierrepont. 

• Upvote 1

BK, 7.62mm is the diam of the bullet, or nearly 0.30 inches, 223 is 0.223" diam, in other words a 223 is under 1/4 inch in diam, which is a small calibre.

DJ, I'm not going to argue with you, being able to defend yourself is a God given right, be it with a gun, axe, knife or if you are able with martial arts, a 17 year old kid was being attacked by a BLM mob, one was beating him around the head with a skateboard, another was running to shoot him with a pistol, after they were shot, another thug was going to shoot him. Come at me with a gun, and I'll shoot you dead. Simple.

Discussion ended.

I was best rifle & handgun shot, & second best with general purpose machine gun in my battery, but I've never shot anything living only targets. How I'd react if I had got to shoot someone I don't now. When we were ambushed on an exercise (we were using blanks of course) I was trying to shoot back but nothing was happening as I'd still got the safety on & I'd have been toast if it was real  life, it was only blanks but I was still shaking. I can understand the kid opening fire if he was being attacked. As for the cop shooting the unarmed bloke, (although some reports say he had a knife) I suppose he could say in his defence that he wanted to stop him driving off & maybe endangering pedestrians & other road users lives. Same as John (Ayupmeducks) says if you get pulled over you say "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir" & hope you get away without a ticket, if you give them grieve you'll come off worse...  

When I worked at Boulby, my labourer was a Korean vet, he was a sniper out there, I once asked him how he felt picking a man off, he shrugged his shoulders and said "it was a distant speck, and that is what he was paid for"

He said they wore spats back then, and he'd be out on lookout flat on his belly watching for the enemy, middle of the night when someone would grab his ankle, then vanish into thin air, he said at first it was an underwear change. Turned out to be Gurkhas, checking to see if it was enemy or friend, spats were the giveaway to them, no spats, throat cut.

• Like 1

I'm pleased to say that the members of my family that had to use Guns for real  (sons to Grand parents) all hated them after their service days,,,and Toy ones were/are banned...

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

DJ, I'm not going to argue with you, being able to defend yourself is a God given right, be it with a gun, axe, knife or if you are able with martial arts, a 17 year old kid was being attacked by a BLM mob, one was beating him around the head with a skateboard, another was running to shoot him with a pistol, after they were shot, another thug was going to shoot him. Come at me with a gun, and I'll shoot you dead. Simple.

Discussion ended.

I'm not arguing.  Whether you wish to continue to discuss this is up to you.

The 17 year old travelled from a nearby town, armed with a deadly weapon. Why was he there?  To do what precisely?

Why are 'BLM' people all 'mobs and thugs'?

What is Rittenhouse?  A paragon of virtue?

Kathryn Krawczyk
August 26, 2020, 6:51 PM GMT+1·2 mins read

d21f159374842178768825852672a264

Police have arrested a suspect in the killing of two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Tuesday night.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse of a nearby Illinois town was arrested Wednesday and will be charged with first degree intentional homicide. Video captured someone holding a long gun and shooting at protesters in Kenosha, killing two people. The gunman was also seen on video raising his arms and walking toward police vehicles, but they drove past him, per the Journal Sentinel.

Protests have gone on for three days in Kenosha, and have devolved into some fires and violence at night, after police shot Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old Black man. Blake was walking to his car where his children were sitting inside, and witnesses say he had just broken up a verbal fight. Blake survived, but is now paralyzed from the waist down, at least temporarily, his father said.

Armed people purporting to be a "militia" have come to downtown Kenosha over the past few days, writing online that they were trying to "defend" the city, per the Journal Sentinel. Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth said he wasn't sure if Rittenhouse was part of one of these groups.

There is so much screwed up with this discussion It's not worth pursuing but I'm bound  to say I'm thoroughly distressed and disgusted both by the perpetrators of the violence and morons who are defending him, calling him a patriot and raising over $80,000.

As for Ayeup claiming the AR15 is peashooter with 5.56 ammo, It's clearly a nonsense. Two single shots took down two full grown adult males. A third also took a shot but that's OK he was only wounded.

At the end of the day it's all OK really, after all someone did hit him ONCE across the shoulder with a skateboard - well worth shooting three people in anyone's book.

• Like 2

Meanwhile. Trump has said and done nothing to rectify the underlying problem.. which is a poorly trained, trigger happy and clearly racist police force.. which continues to treat blacks like dirt and get away with it.

If these incidents weren't continually happening.. there would be no need for protest.

But of course.... for Trump and his ilk.. this is actually a gift.  It allows him to scream 'Law and Order' and many are very happy to go along with him.. in their small minds 'Law and Order' is more importnt than the lives of a few black people.

We are suppose to live in a civilise world.  Civilise   to reclaim from barbarism: to instruct in arts and refinements. Civilisation state of being civilised: civilsed peoples:culture civilised, beyond barbarism: refined: sophisticated.

Question is our Planet going backwards?  Or is it that  some people on this planet are forgetting what it's like to live in a  Civilisation world?

My last post on this topic, let me educate you on America, I'll admit when I first came over here I was just as ignorant as you on the subject.

After the war of Independence, there were 13 separate colonies, each with their own governments, they decided they needed to unite to survive, but didn't want a government and a King.

A couple of prominent men sat down and thrashed out a Constitution, BUT it was never accepted, why? Because it gave a central government way too much power, they could see they would end up in the same boat as they were under Great Britain.

So there it was, no agreement, then several of the men of the day decided to thrash it out via "emails" of the day, letters, better known today as the Federalist Papers.

They came to an agreement, they drafted ten amendments which would be called "The Bill of Rights". Those rights weren't handed down by government, they were God given rights one is given at birth. They restricted both state and federal governments, effectively shackling them. The 10th stated what rights the federal government didn't have, (read the general body of the Constitution), then belonged to the states and the people therein.

Right, the Constitution is the governments "job description" If it's not in there, they don't have that right....see the 10th amendment.

The President, his powers are laid out in Article 2 sec2, which are few. HE HAS NO POWERS within the 50 states, the only time he can interfere within the states is under Martial Law or if a National Emergency is invoked by Congress, he CANNOT send the US military into any state during peacetime to quell riots, that would end his Presidency forthwith!!

He can with a governors permission of any state call up that states national guard and take charge to quell a riot, BUT he must have that states Governors permission!!

Police, the United States does not have a national police force like the UK does, the Constitution doesn't allow that.

Each city has it's own police force, in a lot of cases the Chief is elected by popular vote, others the Mayor appoints. Each state has it's state police, we call them the Highway Patrol, state troopers, they have limited jurisdiction with city's and county's, BUT can be called in by a city police Chief.

Every county in every state, Parishes in Louisiana, has a Sheriff, he is an elected person, he has a tenure of usually four years, if he does the right thing chances are he'll get re-elected. He appoints as many Deputies as he needs, usually the county budget limits how many he can have, in my county it's around three to cover a county the size of Notts. So, in an emergency, he is empowered by law to Deputize as many citizens as he needs, and to instruct them to bring their firearms, county will reimburse them for shells used, and out of pocket expenses.

What we have at the moment in several states is an insurrection, as such Congress should have labeled it as such, once they do, they, together with the President have powers to send in regular troops to quell that insurrection.

We have two factions that are involved in the Insurrection, BLM and Antifa, both terrorist organizations intent on shooting police and burning inner cities down. They have threatened to start in the outer suburbs of cities, but a trial run had then out numbered and out gunned...YES, we are pretty close to a civil war!!

This was all started by the last Administration that caused division, race relations have gone backward 50 years.

Now all the trouble in Seattle, Portland, Chicago and other cities could have been quelled by the cities Mayors, but being liberals, they let them get on with the riots and looting and even instructed the police to "stand down" YES STAND DOWN!!!! Now these Mayors are getting a taste of their own medicine, the rioters have turned up at their houses demanding they turn their homes over to them!!

Like I said earlier, don't blame our President, his hands are tied by law, he doesn't have the same powers a PM does.

I won't be adding anything else to this topic, I suggest if you want more info, use the two great sites to get REAL news from, WND.com and The Canadian Free Press.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Anything Political