Anything Political

We are a third world nation despite the 'positive’ statements, made by the politicians.

We have been in hock to the Americans for the WW2 dept for years. There was no strategic need to have entered WW1; only to fulfill some outdated defunct national agreement which could have been disputed. Our bankruptcy began with that futile war, from which this now beleaguered nation never fully recovered, but this nation like Germany wanted to go to that war and like all such nations, we had to pay the price.

Where are our Amazons, Netflix, Facebooks and all other entrepreneurial ventures we never achieved? 

A crumbling NHS, judicial system, rail and transport system, government system, welfare system, taxation and wages policy, immigration policy just to name a few.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True enough but none quite so 'in your face' or as blatant. To paraphrase Mone "I didn't lie to hide the the fact we're making £60 million and hiding it in a trust, it was to to protect my family

Why do you feel the need to influence others? What is your motivation for so doing? Is it because you think you know better than they? Is it because it feeds your ego if and when you succeed?  Is it b

HSR: Col is given a 'free rein to spout his opinions' for exactly the reasons you are, only he does so with more civility.   Recently there have been a couple of attacks on the validity of t

Boris is still a liar and an incompetent. He's also still under investigation ....

A non starter.

Braverman is an actual fascist.

Sunak has more idea, but he's not as benign as he seems.

I can't see anyone there who could unite the Tories, because the ERG/ Tufton St mob and their acolytes are in open warfare with those 'one nation' Tories who remain.

My take is that all Tory policy from Thatcher onwards stems from their realisation that their natural 'entitlement' to superiority through their 'jobs for the boys' use of Empire and UK industry, collapsed when the Empire did and UK industry faced serious foreign competition.

The choice at the time was to dump our remaining aristocracy and power elite  in favour of a far more social democratic and equitable Scandinavian type model, using our talent pool to swap 'superpower' status for a smaller more effective economy and manufacturing base, with fewer 'foreign entanglements'.

Instead, Thatcher opted for starting the biggest and longest closing down sale in history. Brexit was just a part of that process as the far right sought to dispose of protections preventing them from implementing the 'final day, everything must go' phase of the sell off.

So here we are. We own little of our own country. Infrastructure, utilities and even public services have been sold off and turned into cash cows for the wealthy, via both local and foreign ownership.

All that remains now is for our far right masters to set up systems to keep the plebs quiet. Braverman, Rees-Mogg and their anonymous puppet masters are are well on with that through the Public Order Bill, anti Union legislation etc. They are even fiddling the electoral system.

Don't say you weren't warned.

We have one last chance. The Tories must be comprehensively defeated in a general election ..and soon..not in two years time. The Tories have no mandate for the chaos they have inflicted on this country and they are not ruling at all  much less ruling in the country's interest. They are simply blocking the electorate's access to Democracy.

Labour is not perfect, but it is the only party with a hope in hell of seeing off the Toxic Tories for once and all.

General Election. Now!

I'm a commentator and I follow very closely what is happening. Not just superficial news, but the darker machinations behind the scenes. More people should do so. The general level of political knowledge among this country's electorate is appallingly low.

That's why we got that lying clown Johnson. That's why the Brexit lie was sold, That's why people seem convinced that Labour crashed the World economy in 2008 and it is why people persist in seeing the economy as analogous to a household's economy. All of the above is also a function of our lying foreign owned right wing press.

Meanwhile people seem oblivious to the corruption, theft and anti democratic legislation being smuggled through. If they are forced to confront such things they frequently  declare 'They're all the same' They aren't all the same.

But, I won't be applying to be PM in a Tory Govt., because I'm not a Tory. And Labour wouldn't need me because there are many capable people already in place.

Lizzie, I'd put Keir Starmer, Lisa Nandy,  Angela Rayner,  and especially Rachel Reeves up against anyone the Tories can field.

6 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Come back Boris your country needs you.

Come back Brew nottstalgia needs you. 

One out of two isn't bad...:laugh:

From the Belfast Telegraph.

"
Liz Truss’s disgraceful chapter in British politics shows the peril of pig-headed political zealotry
In just 44 days, this talentless PM has crushed the living standards of tens of millions of people – yet still wallowed in self-pity

Liz Truss departed Downing Street as she had inhabited it: Weakly, woodenly, arrogantly, haplessly, incoherently, unrepentantly, reeking of incompetence and without an ounce of personal insight.
This disgraceful chapter in British political history will serve some purpose if it demonstrates to future generations the peril of pig-headed political zealotry – whether from left or right. But even if that is so, it will have come at a terrible price for tens of millions of people.
In a pathetically deluded 90-second statement outside Number 10, Truss’s stated reason for quitting wasn’t that she had belatedly realised what she was trying to do was daft, but that she realised she would no longer be permitted by Tory MPs to deliver that reckless agenda."

• Like 1

Amazing how easily people ignore the repeated affairs, including the one with the American he paid £100k of London taxpayers money for “technology lessons” and the one with his now wife when his then wife had cancer, and the one with a Russian violinist who may have been working for their government, the love children, the lying to parliament, the rule breaking, the turning a blind eye to sexual misconduct, the terrible decisions that led to 1000s of excess COVID deaths...

• Like 4

I'm sitting here aghast listening to  Newsnight, featuring assorted Tories including Peter Bone, who seems oblivious to Johnson's crimes and insists we should welcome him back, because he apparently delivered Brexit ( Didn't) and tackled Covid. ( Didn't).Justine Greening blathering on about levelling up which is the biggest undelivered lie in history..etc..

These people are on another planet!!!

Never has my gast been so flabbered. - Frankie Howerd Prof. Inigo Tinkle

Meanwhile the ship of state sails on, effectively rudderless as the Conservatives have lost their moorings.

Would a successful no confidence vote in parliament result in a general election? If not you may have to wait until 2025.

Having said that have the loony extreme left been subdued or silenced within the Labor party to make them a viable government?

Boris, is a deceitful and conniving liar! A bubbling buffoon surrounded by hand wringing, simpering sheep.

We have, amongst other things, a war on our conscience but with this incompetent government our whole future is at stake and some of the misguided politicians are placing their trust in a clown!

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Anything Political