Anything Political

Well on the 'small mercies' front we can I think all ...whatever our politics, celebrate the departure...again..of the odious little bully Gavin Williamson.

In my view, we should also see him stripped of the knighthood he was handed by Johnson  for no verifiable reason.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True enough but none quite so 'in your face' or as blatant. To paraphrase Mone "I didn't lie to hide the the fact we're making £60 million and hiding it in a trust, it was to to protect my family

Why do you feel the need to influence others? What is your motivation for so doing? Is it because you think you know better than they? Is it because it feeds your ego if and when you succeed?  Is it b

HSR: Col is given a 'free rein to spout his opinions' for exactly the reasons you are, only he does so with more civility.   Recently there have been a couple of attacks on the validity of t

Further evidence that our Tory masters are using smoke and mirrors to get away with further austerity and taxation to fill a mythical 'Black Hole'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63573989

Home thoughts from abroad

I bet that the Conservative government are hoping that England go well in the upcoming world cup and that it takes the mind of the people off the issues that they are facing this winter.

With rampant inflation particularly energy costs, strikes everywhere, with NHS nurses now looking for a 17% pay increase, GDP falling, Just Stop Oil activists causing havoc everywhere, bonking Matt Hancock on a stupid TV show in OZ instead of doing the job he is paid for, the minister without Portfolio Gavin Williamson has resigned allegedly due to bullying and Rishi Washi trying to hide during PMQ in parliament. Is it time for people to take to the streets and demand a change of government?

With reference to your final question.. my personal view is that the more this Govt. faces protest and resistance, the better. They clearly have no mandate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s all to often impossible to know what is actually true and what is spin and/or blatant lies. I read the other day that the government has donated millions (37 millions I believe was the quotedfigure) to charities that fight against the deportation of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers. So they are funding the very people that are trying to stop the government carrying out its work. When you stop a moment and ponder on this it really is incredulous.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

I read the other day that the government has donated millions (37 millions I believe was the quotedfigure) to charities that fight against the deportation of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers.

I have just read that the UK gives over 50 million pounds in development aid to China each year. Don't know the exact details but???? Most of it appears to be geared around research.

In 2021 China's GDP was 17,744,640 million pounds. The UK's was 3,186,860

Chinas det % to GDP was 68% the UK's was 95%

Methinks the money is flowing the wrong way

Around 50 years ago the USA was in the midst of the Watergate Scandal when the then Republican President Richard Nixon authorised bugging of the Democrat headquarters. Amid the scandal that followed Nixon ultimately resigned on 8th August 1974 and was replaced by Gerald Ford who issued a full unconditional pardon that prevented criminal charges being brought against the former president.

Does anyone on here see the parallels with the latest actions against Trump, I await with interest the outcome. It seems that the Republicans will go to any ends to retain power.

Whilst some MAGA/Qanon Republicans will support Trump to the bitter end, I see signs that many are now increasingly seeing him as a huge liability. A prison sentence would neatly get him out of the way.

A president can only pardon people for federal crimes I think, so any state crimes would still stand, like the New York corruption charges and attempts to change the results of elections, which are a state responsibility.

• Like 2

I won't be voting Lab/Con etc..

researched the reform party...  100 Percent a no vote.

Where does a English working class background with hardworking aspirations find a home?

When I lived in Yorkshire I voted for the Yorkshire Party, they did well in the ward I lived in. Not in Yorkshire.. Last time I voted, I did some leaflets in support, I strangely, felt really positive on election day 376 votes at the station...

Ward about 32,000, overall votes gained 1.7 Percent..

I am thinking of standing next time.. Under the party name 'Grifters' named after the Nottingham manufactured Raleigh bicycle.

On 10/28/2022 at 11:13 AM, radfordred said:

really happening in the UK

Talk Radio  was great 18 years ago.

Tommy the Taxi Driver on Ian Colin's 'Creatures of the night' and Phil from Norwich.

and that l lovely old lady, name escapes me.

After Ian left or took a break the first night up, Phil was banned by Matt somebody..born in Nottingham. He was useless, but loved quoting his appearance at the upcoming Edinburgh festival. The abuse he got was totally deseved! 

Is John Gaunt back, recall him being banned, called somebody a health Nazi. 

All this fuss over what appears a lovely lady whos been a faithful servant to the Queen and others connected with our royalty for 60 years......

I don't know about you but when i meet and chat with someone for the first time i'm always interested where they'r from...whether they are black or white........but more so if not white..just because i'm interested in the world we live in....

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

And I bet they've all got Smartphones.

Never understood why they were never turned round in Mid-channel and sent back. Gloss over it any way you like, but to me it's an invasion.

• Like 2
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Anything Political