Just saying Hi

I used to know a Blake family when I lived on Denton Street, back in 1957. Obviously not the same bloke. I used to go to Douglas Road school with John Blake and he had a younger brother, David. Wonder where they are now. Any way, Welcome to the group Blakey.

Welcome Blakey Newbie     sorry must be a bit thick but where was Hague terrace.

@mary1947 Hague terrace ?  Do yer know Winston Churchill avenue ?.........

.  .well it's nowhere near there ,  I am terrible at directions , look at me got lost and fell in love with a brown eyed dusky maiden and ended up in the Philippines  !!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry David must addmit i don't know anything about these two Hauge Terrace/Winston ave    where were these places?were they in  Carrington?

• Like 1

Thanks Cliff I know Orange Steet  as my dad was from the Meadow 's and his side of family were also Meadows folk.

I lived off Denman Street for fourteen years and I've never heard of Hague Street. Mind you, what do I know.

C.T. reckons it was down the Meadows area.

Hague Terrace was in the Meadows.....but based on what Blakey has now said, I've looked a bit further afield.

There was a Hague Street in Radford, running between Bramcote Street and Ilkeston Road (not far from St Peter's Street).

And there might've been a Hague Terrace there....but I can't prove it yet.

That would explain why I'd never heard of it. I lived towards the top of Denman Street. Furthest down I knew of properly was Norton street, although I made a fair few trips down to Andersons pawn shop on the corner of Forster Street in my time, also down to the paddling pool on St.Peters Street.

Thanks for the pictures C.T., but I have no recognition of this area, despite trying to recall the streets. Do you suppose there could be an old map somewhere? I find it most intriguing, even though the post was nothing to do with me. Thing is, whenever I read about Radford, Denman Street and area, I go into memory mode and try to recall past events.