One of my cats brought me a pigeon’s egg in overnight. Maybe she thought I might like it for breakfast. She does it every year. At least it keeps new ones ones off my allotment, there’s enough of the old brigade. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the local Chippy the other day but before I went into chippy had to call at Nottm Building society, to apply for  a mortgage. 

50 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

Went to the local Chippy the other day but before I went into chippy had to call at Nottm Building society, to apply for  a mortgage. 

39 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

You can still buy ‘Gastropub’ fish and chips for two from M & S food stores for under £10. Not quite as good as the chip shop variety but half the price.

Are you guys seriously saying that fish and chips at the local chippy is 20 quid, I hope that is for 2 people. What happened to a fish supper being a poor man's meal? We don't get cod or haddock here but a meal with an equivalent fish here is 14 quid for 2 people and often you can't eat all the chips. I just wish they could make a decent batter.

I’ve got a choice of a Greek chippie in Burton Joyce (16 mile round trip) or a Chinese one in Southwell (10 mile round trip). The Chinese chips are greasier than the Greek’s. You would expect that to be that other way round wouldn’t you? :biggrin: