With hands stuffed in his pockets

So they don't get in the way.

It hides his sausage fingers

And stops gesticulation.

For, normally, they're hugging trees

Or aiding explanation.

Today, he'll be surrounded

By cleric, pleb and toff.

But it's guaranteed, with tabs like those....

His crown will not fall off!  ;)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My contribution:   All Hail to good King Big Ears. He's getting crowned today. With hands stuffed in his pockets So they don't get in the way. It hides his sausage finger

Jill for Poet Laureate ………..unless    There was an old man with big ears Who today is regaled with cheers He went to the Abbey With a wife who looks crabby And went home

Couple of bits of trivia.   When the king entered the abbey, he was preceded by the current (ninth) Duke of Wellington. The duke was wearing the exact same robes that were first worn over 20

Had to laugh at my mate. He's Irish and he was talking about...

'Charles the Turd'. I kid you not.

• Like 1

Now I know what a daffodil looks like when it's gone to seed.

Gotta be the worst attire.....ever!

• Like 1

Some rather jaundiced views of the young lady's dress  ;)

Did you see what I did there?

• Upvote 1

There’s no celebrations in our village today but tomorrow there’s tea and cakes in the village hall to which all the ‘old’ people have been invited. My wife is in charge of this. I haven’t been invited as she thinks I might embarrass her! :biggrin:

• Like 3

Bassingham playing field and Hammond hall this afternoon, all sorts going, food stalls, face painting live bands, might get me face painted, photo's later

Rog

Hope Charles and his moll won't be there to spoil it

Watching the edited highlights of the big event yesterday, I was slightly embarrassed when the putative monarch was suddenly surrounded by a 'cubicle'. It turned out that this was to shield him from prying eyes at the moment of his anointing. It looked for all the world like he'd been caught short. Brought to mind George IIIs cries of "P*ss pot, p*ss pot!" (courtesy of the incomparable Nigel Hawthorne, of course).

What was wrong with the rather stylishly royal cloth of cold canopy which sufficed for Elizabeth II and her father?

Well, the new monarch is pushing 75 and, although I'm ten years younger, I'm beginning to appreciate that when you've gotta go....you've gotta go!

• Like 1

Great time had by all this afternoon down Bassingham playing field and village hall,plenty of people all enjoying themselves and all the kids entertainment was free, bouncy castles, giant chess game, giant connect four game too many to mention here, weather was brilliant (for a change) took me ages to walk around the place because I kept bumping into folk who know me and wanting a natter/gossip, anyway a couple of pictures as promised

DSCF2178.jpg

DSCF2179.jpg

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Anyone see the Grim Reaper during tne Coronation?  He seems to have. been removed from the highlights 

I was the wrong side of the camera Barrie,I'll have a look for one with Mrs P on and post in a bit, Margie, I did see a picture of what looked like the grim reaper, do you know anymore about it

Rog

Here you go Barrie, 

DSCF2176.jpg

thumbsup Tell her not to stand like that Rog., or she'll get a reputation. Nice picture, thank you.  B.

• Like 1

@Beekay  it was supposed to. Be the ghost of Saint Benedictus who was murdered in the Abbey in the 14th century by robbers.  He’s supposed to be the resident ghost there and has supposedly made appearances at other big state occasions as well as to individual visitors.  We saw ‘something’ in a dark cloak and hood crossing right to left during the ceremony and there are several pictures on the internet if you Google it.   (He’s actually not the grim reaper but this is what he is referred to in this instance)

• Like 1

Well the Royals history brings loads of tourist money into the country , so I've nowt against em. Lets face it they haven't even got a good football team in London so what else is there to see. There were no street parties in Annesley and the last one was when it was  Pit village times change but the moaning goes on. Long Live The King and I don't just mean Joe Baker :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Couple of bits of trivia.

When the king entered the abbey, he was preceded by the current (ninth) Duke of Wellington. The duke was wearing the exact same robes that were first worn over 200 years ago by his ancestor, the first Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley.

And, as the representative of the government of Grenada approached the abbey, she was preceded by a non-commissioned officer in uniform carrying the Grenadian flag. He was saluted by every soldier there, even the Colonel at the entrance. None of the TV commentators seemed to notice anything about it.

That NCO was Johnson Beharry, VC, and it’s tradition that all Victoria Cross holders are saluted, irrespective of rank.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2