• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My contribution:   All Hail to good King Big Ears. He's getting crowned today. With hands stuffed in his pockets So they don't get in the way. It hides his sausage finger

Jill for Poet Laureate ………..unless    There was an old man with big ears Who today is regaled with cheers He went to the Abbey With a wife who looks crabby And went home

Couple of bits of trivia.   When the king entered the abbey, he was preceded by the current (ninth) Duke of Wellington. The duke was wearing the exact same robes that were first worn over 20

On 5/6/2023 at 10:49 AM, MargieH said:

Does the singer think she’s  a tulip?

The Italian comments about the guests dress sense isn’t worth repeating. Some of the women looked as though they were dressed to open the front door. Very disappointed in them . Camilla was strange I thought not really sure what to do although I suppose she’d been instructed on procedure. But I thought the Coronation was really beautiful and I was proud to tell my friends and in-laws that Britain was the only country in the world to keep up the tradition. Only thing was watching it on Italian TV that when the English commentator was speaking and describing the Italian reporters were talking over them. 
The concert wasn’t shown here so was really disappointed as reports were it was very good. We did have a preview of Boccelli song he was going to sing. Hopefully sooner or later it will be shown here.