The Archbishop of Canterbury

I listened to ‘last word’ on radio 4 this afternoon. Justin Welby’s mother has recently passed away. It seems she had a very interesting life. She was Churchills favourite typist/secretary during WW2. She eloped with Gavin Welby and a son, the Archbishop was born 9 months later. She divorced Welby and by then was an alcoholic and entered rehab and never drank again. She took the title Lady Williams of Elvel on marriage to Sir Charles Williams, a former cricketer. It was discovered many years later via DNA that the biological father of Justin Welby was actually Churchills last private secretary, Sir Anthony Brown. Worth a listen if you can access BBC ‘sounds’. 

• Like 1

Welby once admitted he doubted god existed, Well it's sed god woks in mysterious ways and even teks his time doing it.. Welby dun fer for speedin, then found aht is dad aint his dad, meks yer think dunnit. Ah'd say it mitght be berra if  he  perhaps better shurrup afore it get any wos.

• Like 2

Another man made concept, like time really it keeps going on and on and on and on but I suppose some people get some comfort from it, I was going to end with the phrase "so what harm can it do" but when you look back in history it's been the biggest cause of conflict and loss of life since it was first thought up

Rog