mick2me

Reggae track name

There was a track they played at Santa Fe. (1968)

'King of the jungle', or something?

Anyone any suggestions on that?

Cant come up with anything other than it may have been King of Kings by Jimmy Cliff? There was a song out in 95 called King of The Jungle too.

I think you might be right Craig but I cant locate a torrent with it in.

Can you hum it?

Brilliant Frank!

This is pre "Wonderful World..." and "Vietnam"

I have not heard that since Santa Fe' in 1968.

And the punters doing that stupid Dance!

There is a comment posted...

"The band here is Byron Lee & The Dragonaires. They are still playing also. They tour all over the Caribean. Still playing Ska, Reaggae & Calypso."

It sounds right for them...

Cant come up with anything other than it may have been King of Kings by Jimmy Cliff? There was a song out in 95 called King of The Jungle too.

Glad my memeory isnt all shot!!! and notice they refer to it as .........SKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he he he he smile2 not that other word that was the record labels name!! :rolleyes:

I always loved this not good version but ..

skinhead moonstomp - Symarip

And this bit of skinhead Oi my all time fave .

cock sparrer - england belongs to me

Yeh, Pretty good Red

But what about JOE BOXER - BOXER BEAT (or JUST GOT LUCKY)

Round at my mums house today, and perusing an old book of hit records, and to my surprise, there was another version of King of Kings, in the chart of 64, by Ezz Recko, (forgive the spelling, it could be wrong!) So, not sure which came first.........

Like Reggae but sorry never heard of any of these.

Liked Johnny Nash amongst others and love Red, Red wine and others by U2.

Good old Google, with spell checker

Did you mean: "Ezz Reco" "King of Kings"

I think one of the original Red Red Wine (Reggae version) was by 'Dandy', on Tighten up Volume 'X' ? (about 1970)

Good old Google, with spell checker

Did you mean: "Ezz Reco" "King of Kings"

I think one of the original Red Red Wine (Reggae version) was by 'Dandy', on Tighten up Volume 'X' ? (about 1970)

You sure it wasnt Tony Tribe? Cos i had a few of those samplers, and dont recall it being Dandy......but thats only from memory, and not Google!

After Ska, and during the Rock Steady era the major producer Coxsone, continued to dominate the music business in Jamaica.

At the time he seemed to be the only artists in the UK, who could get a really good 'Rootsy' sound. 'Raining In My Heart' being the best example. Most of this work was done at Chalk Farm Studios, with bands like Greyhound and The Cimarons. He also produced other singers, Tony Tribe's very successful 'Red Red Wine' being one example.

You are of course Right. Dandy - Reggae in your Jeggae? perhaps

Ayup Jane,

I think you mean UB40, cracking band, really captured the sound of the caribs, I always feel happier when I hear them, perhaps it's Caribean happiness.

Rog

Ayup Jane,

I think you mean UB40, cracking band, really captured the sound of the caribs, I always feel happier when I hear them, perhaps it's Caribean happiness.

Rog

After Ska, and during the Rock Steady era the major producer Coxsone, continued to dominate the music business in Jamaica.

At the time he seemed to be the only artists in the UK, who could get a really good 'Rootsy' sound. 'Raining In My Heart' being the best example. Most of this work was done at Chalk Farm Studios, with bands like Greyhound and The Cimarons. He also produced other singers, Tony Tribe's very successful 'Red Red Wine' being one example.

You are of course Right. Dandy - Reggae in your Jeggae? perhaps

Reggae reggae....in ah ya jeggae.....or words to that effect! that album was so good, pity i sold it or lost it or summat else!!

They must be 100 years old!

Gunns of Navarone was the Record I used to pester The DJ (Tony Rainbow) for at the Palaise. Well that and Jackie Wilsons - Higher and Higher.

Reminds me, during my last year at school i took in guns of navarone as we were allowed to do stuff like that on the last day before summer hols, and i remember the teacher, who incidentally looked like the old actor Jimmy Edwards, saying."Hmmm.......erm....yes.....very interesting" probably meaning "what a load of sh1t!"as he must have been really old and ancient, and at least 40 !!!!!

I suppose a bit like a 15 year old now asking us what we think of Atreyu or similar.

I know this is another old thread but i love reggae music, especially the old stuff from the likes of prince buster,toots and the maytals,desmond dekker. I recently went to see UB40 at the arena. They were awesome. I went with my friend ruth who has recently joined the site as thinlizzy.

Gunns of Navarone was the Record I used to pester The DJ (Tony Rainbow) for at the Palaise.

Bet that went down well , did they all join in ?