Things our parents used to say

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anywhere, especially the house, was untidy, my Mum would say. it: 'Looked like Jackie Pownall's' (I believe Pownalls scrap yard was down by the old Vic baths?) Another variation was .'Looks like

My old mum, now passed, grew up in old St Anne's and knew hard times from being little until she met and married dad, one of her regular sayings was "If you can't afford it wi real money, you can

Tomlinson, In answer to your question #1387, I used to have some really good Tide Marks on my neck and running up my arms. The back of our house on Hardy's Drive, Gedling was a shared yard, I can'

Ask your gran or older rellie how old she was and the answer would often be: - 'As old as my tongue and a bit older than my teeth'.

I'll use that still if some nosey parker asks!

THOMAS... I hope you have clean underpants on, we don't want you getting knocked down by a bus now, do we ???

I must say that I did have a problem trying to fathom out the connection between buse's and underpants. :unsure:

THOMAS... I hope you have clean underpants on, we don't want you getting knocked down by a bus now, do we ???

I must say that I did have a problem trying to fathom out the connection between buse's and underpants. :unsure:

The government are devoloping a mucky underpants detector so.........................................."LOOK OUT" ;)

gizago, gizagander, gizaswag, lets av a butchers, gizagoob...goobs(sweets/tuffees)...mmm sherbert pips...sweet peanuts, coconut mushrooms, pineapple chunks...kop kops....them we'rt days...

Coconut mushrooms - still available but no longer such a yummy recipe. Peanut brittle, slobber, drool.

NOW STOP IT POOBEAR WE KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR OWN SOURCES OF GETTINF OLD OF OUR FAVORITE SWEETS YOU JUST LIKE TO MAKEUS ALL DROOL OH BLOW THIS I AM GOING TO GET DRIED AND DREESED AND GO DOWN AND EAT SOME OF MY MINT CREAMS TO CHEER MYSELF UP A BIT

Don't just make sweeping statements like "Easy to make"! Tell us how - NOW!

:aggressive::biggrin: (Please)

Over here all recipes for peanut brittle call for light corn syrup. Don't know if you get it over there so found one that is only sugar and peanuts. Here it is, let me know if it works!

• Upvote 2

BUBBLEWRAP MAKES YOUR EARS LAFF AND YER BUM CLAPP.

ALWAYS USED GOLDEN SYRUP WHEN WE MADE IT AT SCHOOL BUT CARNT REMEMBER THE QUANTITIES.

Brought back memories of bonfire night as a kid. Dad would make bonfire toffee [very dark] and peanut brittle. He'd toast the raw peanuts first under the grill, and it was my job to rub the skins off before he mixed them in with the 'brittle'..

I have a wee promble here. SWMBO says she will not eat the stuff so I have to wait until my visitors come next month :o((

No room for the mobile shops now the Tesco brigade stay open till eleven in the local precinct.And of course in country areas the cost of fuel has made it unprofitable.

did your dad use black treacle for his bonfire toffee a lot of people did but i always prefeared mine liter but i have never been much of a toffee or caramel lover or fudge for that matter mrs cox on traffic terrace used to make loads and loads of different bonfire toffees and toffee apples and sell them out of her back window on bonfire night they did not have front doors in those house until the sixties when my sister lived in the same house after they had been renivated

Traffic terrace where?