Things our parents used to say

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anywhere, especially the house, was untidy, my Mum would say. it: 'Looked like Jackie Pownall's' (I believe Pownalls scrap yard was down by the old Vic baths?) Another variation was .'Looks like

My old mum, now passed, grew up in old St Anne's and knew hard times from being little until she met and married dad, one of her regular sayings was "If you can't afford it wi real money, you can

Tomlinson, In answer to your question #1387, I used to have some really good Tide Marks on my neck and running up my arms. The back of our house on Hardy's Drive, Gedling was a shared yard, I can'

you mean............................bit black over Bill's mothers?........................................never heard of it!!

Don't "Gollop" your food. [don't gulp it down or rush it]

If mam thought we were telling porkies she would say...if you are telling the truth you will be able to say this without laughing,

LOOK INTO MY EYES AND SAY........RICE PUDDING

SAGO PUDDING

AND ALL THE OTHER BLOOMING PUDDINGS

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WITHOUT LAUGHING?

:huh::huh: :huh:

on leaving the house I would say to my dad "where are you going" he would always answer "there and back to see how far it is "

When i was a moody teenager with hormones all over the place and thought i knew every thing (but nothing really)LOL and snappy cos I WANTED TO BE ALONE,my mum would come right up to my face and make a noise like a wasp or bee bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,you can imagine how that really worked,Huh you always pick on me and stomp up to my room to sulk.Little Madam.

with my luck I'd fall in a barrell of rose water and come out smelling of horse muck

me too but you have to carry on with a peg on your nose

yeh most of us had guzundas in them days cuz they guz una the bed.

couple of me dads hes all mouth and trousers or all wind and water

being from London she corrects our (me + the sister have awful nottingham accents) its not baf its Barth, glass is glarse, as is grarse.

its not belleh its tummy or stomach.

'tight as a ducks a**se'

'ill tell ya for why'

'more than they/he/she/i have had hot dinners'

if she could hear anyone eating they'd be 'chewin like a horse!'