Things our parents used to say

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anywhere, especially the house, was untidy, my Mum would say. it: 'Looked like Jackie Pownall's' (I believe Pownalls scrap yard was down by the old Vic baths?) Another variation was .'Looks like

My old mum, now passed, grew up in old St Anne's and knew hard times from being little until she met and married dad, one of her regular sayings was "If you can't afford it wi real money, you can

Tomlinson, In answer to your question #1387, I used to have some really good Tide Marks on my neck and running up my arms. The back of our house on Hardy's Drive, Gedling was a shared yard, I can'

Any one heard the expression 'derby road'????

My dad used to say 'if you don't stop crying, I will give you something to cry about' [meaning a smack, when you could still smack children] - which would send me in a panic and make me cry more cos then I didn't know what to do and would cry all the more...!!! hellothere

• Upvote 1

only just joined in and havent read all the comments...so if i repeat anything ...sorry!!if you eat your carrots u will be able to see in the dark....if u eat yer crusts your hair will be curly...if u dont behave you will get a clip round the earhole,,,oh look at that bobo...referring to a horse lol...

• Upvote 1

If we gave our opinion on something Mam would say..I thought you would have your Fourpenneth Worth (Or was it Two Penneth)

If we were up to something mischievous, she would say...You'll get your Comeuppence one day my girl.

If you don't behave yourself, you'll get a Fourpenny One.

• Upvote 1

If I was dithering around when doing something to help Dad he would say "You're like a fart in a colander and don't know which hole to come out off."

• Upvote 1

Is it that time already...........................said when someone suddenly turned nasty.

Could be used on 'nottstalgia' quite often. :laugh:

• Upvote 1