Definitely some obscure ones there, but we all had fun in our childhood. Yes, mucky knees, cuts grazes, head bumps, did we complain. No never.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

looking back in my childhood we really knew how to play...many of us lived a simple life and money was short..but we really loved the outdoors... watching my grandsons sit on a skate board whizzing do

Think this might have been the BMW of trolleys ! I don't think we would have dared to have joined our trolleys together down somewhere like Kenrick Rd but this extract from Clive James Unreliable M

I have a photo of my Dad standing outside his home around 1930 and there beside him is a lovely 'trolley' probably built for him by my Grandad.

Posted Images

#95. Two teams. One had someone lean with back against wall. The next lad bent down and had his head between first lad's legs. The rest then had their heads between the legs (under their bums)until a line of lads formed with their backs making a line that the other team's lads could take a run and jump onto. The line of crouched lads had to hold fast when all the weight was on them. The runner would vault over the first ones to get as near to the one standing. Some would shout 'Rum stick a bum, here I come' and sometimes followed by 'with my finger up my bum'. Used to play this against the wall of the lads lavatory at Crane School.

• Upvote 1

Re #109, sounds a tad dubious to me Chulla. Are you sure you didn't attend a public school ?