I can't believe the second mushy pea store in Vicky market has gone :-( me and my little boy always popped in on a day in town together, just like me and my dad used too.

I make pretty fine mushy peas but there's nowt like silver service peas, give or take a bit of artistic liecense with the silver service! More like idea pots and plaggy spoon service.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading all this about mushy peas & benjamin with his recent fish & chips made me succumb to the pleasure of fast food today. Called at the old "sando's" chippy in Bulwell & took home chi

I used to work Central Division back in the good old days and the Lace Market was one of the beats. During the winter cold nights, I believe it was the Belvedere that used to serve the mushy peas and

Hey, i got a job at goose fair selling mushy peas, a tanner a tub , eat as many as you like the stall holder told me , well i did and spent thursday night sitting on our outside loo , that put me off

• 6 months later...

Looks like baby pooh!

Says a lot for the current content of the site then doesn't it? LOL

• Upvote 1

Brings back memories of a Mike Harding monologue about his grandad, who'd consumed a few pints of Guinness, a large plate of mushy peas, and a cake covered in hundreds and thousands.

As he relaxed in his chair, and as a result of what he'd eaten, he farted.

And shot the dog.

• Upvote 1

I love mushy peas but dont think we can get dried marrow fat ones. I have the mint and I have the malt vinegar ( online from Corner Shop) which we cant get here. Wine red and white vinegar just isnt the same. Must go and scour the supermarkets.

• Upvote 1

Reading all this about mushy peas & benjamin with his recent fish & chips made me succumb to the pleasure of fast food today.

Called at the old "sando's" chippy in Bulwell & took home chips, Pukka Steak & Kidney pie & Mushy Peas. glorius !

• Upvote 7

I like mushy peas.....

No matter where I stay in Nottm,I invariably eat out..and have all the things I can't get here,fish and chips- pukka pies- good kebab- curry.

I often switch on the oven to pop in a pack of Brains Faggots- that's it!!

A pot of peas on the market and a Commando comic were standard.

Brings back memories of a Mike Harding monologue about his grandad, who'd consumed a few pints of Guinness, a large plate of mushy peas, and a cake covered in hundreds and thousands.

As he relaxed in his chair, and as a result of what he'd eaten, he farted.

And shot the dog.

If he had eaten hundreds and thousands and farted, he would not have shot the dog but topped it.

Is that my coat over there? My taxi please.

• Upvote 2

I can smell em cooking right now.

To nights tea fish in home made batter, thick cut chips (from tatters not bloody frozen), mushy peas and bread thick with butter.

Yes I know it's bad for me but like everyone else..........I'm dying anyway may as well be happy.

• Upvote 2