9 hours ago, RadFordee said:

@PeverilPerilwhat years were you at windley? i also went there from 1970-74.

A bit before your time - 1947/50. Boys on the lower half of the school and girls on the upper part.

BK - Windley was on Forest Rd about a 100 yards up from Alfreton Rd.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think I'm gerrin owd, I reckon I probably am old.   I have photos of me as a kid with various of my grandparents. I'm now older than my grandparents were in those photos. That's when

I'm increasingly having that problem with a lot of demolition sites around Nottingham.   Broad Marsh bus station and car park have recently gone. Not only can I remember them being built, bu

I married Jane Flint when she was 17 and we've been together now 42 years. Not sure who deserves the medal. Probably her. Thinking about it yes, definitely her. She doesn't recognise your name. Is JS

Posted Images

Cheers PP., thanks a lot for jogging me memory. Getting a bit rusty you know.

just a thought, I'm going to try screen shots of those pictures and then I can look at them at my leisure. 

The new school seemed very posh compared to the old building.

even had indoor lavviessmile2swish eh.

@Willow wilsondont remember there being a cobblers opposite newdigate st when i lived the, in my time there was a cobblers next door to walter rideouts fish shop ted jones & his wife marjorie, i also loved all the smells you mentioned in there & all the pairs of shoes held together with a rubber band & a paper number ticket on them waiting to be collected along the wooden shelves.

4 hours ago, RadFordee said:

@Willow wilsondont remember there being a cobblers opposite newdigate st when i lived the, 

RadFordee. Approximately, in the 50s into mid 60s there was a cobbler straight opposite Gagg's motorbike spares shop; Gagg's was at 106 Alfreton road, 100 yards or so down from Newdigate st. That would put cobbler in the current Tesco carpark location prior to, say, relocating. Other than that I don't know.

@Willow wilsoni'm thinking that the cobblers in that location was probably gone in my time there or that i was too young to remember it there(born in the area 1963)

i do remember gaggs though i think it was next door or very close to norman greaves herbalist shop? & 2or 3 shops down from tommy stevensons newsagents which was next door but 1 to the generous briton pub.

• Like 1