• 1 year later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got to be E4 ?    

Surely you wouldn't mek much haselet from a heron would you? Yer'd need quite a few I reckon!

I was looking for a new interest and that really has an appeal. I could become a master baker.

• 4 weeks later...

Cuisine you say? I see that all-you-can-fit-in-your-gob restaurant World Cuisine Buffet in Trinity Square/Corner House as closed down today?

Reading the reviews on Trip Adviser it should be of no loss to Nottingham? 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186356-d10429068-Reviews-World_Cuisine_Buffet-Nottingham_Nottinghamshire_England.html

http://www.nottinghampost.com/news/business/nottingham-buffet-restaurant-closes-suddenly-718452

World-Cuisine-Buffet2JPG.jpg

• 7 months later...

Haselet, anyone still buy/eat it ?........used to sell loads at Marsdens,,delivered daily by Parrs,,in 4lb lumps, mostly sold in qtr lbs,,.but one day an American Lady asked me what it was?..''.its all bits of meat crushed together said i '' expressing myself with grimaced face'''...she sampled a piece then said  ''i'll take the works'' in a New york accent,,sold the whole 4lb lump' to her,, thought nice one Ben,,        i was 15 and working at the Andover road branch,, Manager Mr Richards later asked me ''where's the Haselet?''    told him,, he went mad,what about Mrs Williams and others who have a qtr regular most days,,      learnt a lesson that day........look after the regulars not one off merchants.....but i was just a boy,, .................Haselet was lovely on a sandwich with brown sauce or a pickled onion, even Piccalilli,,my Southern wife thinks its dirty,,

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

..Haselet was lovely on a sandwich with brown sauce

Mmmm, love Haselet sandwiches. I have Fruity brown sauce and Hubbs has Daddies . We had some from ASDA last time, it is hard to find round here and not quite as nice as we used to get at Nottm, but  we have to have what we can get, I just put a bit extra sauce on and use my imagination. You have set me longing now, it looks like a trip to ASDA tomorrow. Hope they still sell it. :biggrin:

• Like 2

Get my haselet from Barlows in Nuncargate as with all their stuff bloody lovely, all moist and as tasty as it comes.

Had a real treat last week the lady went to Morrisons and came back with pork brawn, haven't had any for years very rarely see any.

• Like 1

I am sorry about that I had better not mention their pork and stuffing cobs, wonderful tender pork cut thick and covered in home made stuffing.

Or their bacon and sausage cobs with home cured back bacon and thick home made pork sausages.

Bugger I am dribbling myself.......................smile2

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, IAN123. said:

You'll drive Oz mad Colin.

Definitely not Ian why anyone would want to eat animals entrails, heads, lungs, brains, liver, blood, tongues and stomachs is beyond me.

The smell of my grandparents cooking tripe in milk used to make me feel like throwing up. Liver and onions - yuk along with black and white pudding, haggis, brawn and all that other food for dogs. No thanks!

Now a proper chunky steak or pork pie now that's another thing and I'd love to get a nice piece of gammon, not much chance here. The only entrails that I eat is a good snag with a natural casing, we do get good ones here.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Anything between white and black. The lighter the better really.

Well if we're going to be specific, E3

Reminds me of something my mam used to say.    When it's brown it's done, when it's black it's buggered.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, radfordred said:

Got to be E4 ?

D099cARWkAIZ4Rp.jpg

The amazing thing about that is somebody must've gone to enormous lengths to create all those pieces of toast; and use every variation on the settings to achieve the result. How long did it take to do it ?

They need to get out more.

• Upvote 1