Lotions, Potions and Remedies

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dad always used lard, which came in large blocks as big as a small coffee table in our chippie in the 50's / 60's. He chopped it up with a massive machete ! 3d and 6d a bag !  

To those interested in alternate medicine, I started on this route after coming across a cassette tape and then the book, "Dead Doctors Tell No Lies" by a medical Dcotor. He was born and raised on a f

My gran drank six glasses of Andrew’s Liver Salts everyday. When she passed away they had to beat her liver to death with a stick!

Well this is a bump from the past.  I had to read it over to make sure I hadn't posted on it.

My mother used to swear by Dog spit!  Lol.   She said when she was a kid she had a bad cut on her leg.  They visited a relatives house and their dog entertained himself by licking her leg.  By evening she said the cut was healing up nicely.

I'm not sure I believe that, but my two are always ready to prove it.:biggrin:

I've heard that cat saliva has antiseptic properties. How true that is I don't know but, given that the pharmaceutical companies are now investigating slugs, snails and other invertebrate molluscs for the next generation of antibiotics, perhaps it's not so unlikely?

• Like 1

Don't forget that penicillin originally derived from a blue mould closely related to the mould that grows on Stilton and other blue cheeses.

Snail slime is being actively promoted in the Far East for use in cosmetic products.

Yoghurt wouldn't exist without two (or more) types of bacteria.

There is an enormous industry nowadays manufacturing useful products from many, many types of microorganisms - I was involved in that industry before I retired from mainstream work.

1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

She said when she was a kid she had a bad cut on her leg.  They visited a relatives house and their dog entertained himself by licking her leg.  By evening she said the cut was healing up nicely.

We all remember falling over as children and grazing a knee. Mothers often made a show of 'kissing it better' didn't they? Perhaps that was originally licking the wound?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Usually it's produced as zinc cream nowadays, but it's a mild antiseptic used for minor abrasions and nappy rash.

• Like 1

My dad had one of those syringes (they don't  have needles on!!) He put drops of oil in his ears for a few days, then syringed them out with warm water to remove wax - just like when you have your ears syringed by a nurse nowadays...

• Like 1
On 11/1/2018 at 5:39 PM, Braddy said:

also they had Dettol baths

Tried that once when I were younger,and my uncle had got me to pull a cable through a smelly, wet ducting. Went home stinking, ran a bath, dumped half a bottle of Dettol in, jumped in the bath. Less than 2minutes later jumped out with a severe burning sensation in my nether regions !!!.

There are a number of natural things that affect blood pressure. The problem is that they must be dosed very carefully to control the pressure within acceptable limits. This is not easy with products and materials that are of an extremely variable composition such as plants and their extracts. Processing such materials to offer a precise dose removes much or all of their claim to be natural.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So can you name any?   Just curious:)  I wouldn't experiment without discussing it with the doctor.

For instance, I've read that celery is a bp reliever, but nobody seems to report on how much or how often.

There are several natural things you can use for high and low BP, no good talking to your Doctor though, he's dead set against natural remedies, he doesn't get a kickback from big Pharma unless he prescribes their drugs.

Two that "unclog the pipes" and remove heavy metals from the body, Chinese Chlorella, lead mercury, cadmium. EDTA removes plaque, proven and known since around 1942 by the medical profession too!! Also removes aluminium, lead and other heavy metals, a natural amino acid.

There are others that have proven to help lower BP.

History of EDTA, during WW2, shipyard spray painters were coming down with lead poison, so the medics experimented with EDTA, which worked, lead levels in the spray painters was returning to safe levels, but they also documented the one's who suffered high BP were now reading much lower. They carried out a scientific test, selected select patients, half were prescribed placebos, the other half EDTA. The ones with EDTA bp's returned to safe levels, it was also found it cleared plaque from their arteries. That's how it was discovered, that most folk with high BP had semi blocked arteries.

• Like 2

Help with the old male problem of the over 50's, you know waking up in the middle of the night several times for a pee, enlarged prostate which affects most of us older men. Try Saw Palmetto, works for me, and from what I read German Doctors are prescribing it. It's the dried ground seeds of the Saw Palmetto plant.

Some years back I contracted Lyme Disease, only known medical, I won't use cure, as there is no known medical cure, but medics use massive doses of antibiotics. Sometimes it works, but others have told me it made them feel worse than the disease itself. Mine cleared itself up with heavy doses of Vitamin C and high salt.

BUT I relapsed after a year and I found something a Nevada Doctor advised, Catsclaw, it's from a south America vine, and is a natural antibiotic, within weeks I had the disease under control, and cured myself with it.

There is still no medical cure for that nasty disease, and many I knew on a Lyme web site have followed my advise and cured themselves.

One of the oldest known antibiotics known to the medical profession is "colloidal Silver" Was used up until the 1920's when the first drug type antibiotics were introduced.

Well guess what?? It's now being used again as modern drug antibiotics are becoming useless. Colloidal silver is used on burn patients with great success.

My BP yesterday was 111/66, used to be around 140/80 and sometimes higher, I credit my lower BP on natural herbs and amino acids I take, especially EDTA and Chinese Chlorella.

• Like 1

My BP has always been on the low side, as was my mother's.  They do say that stroking a pet cat or dog lowers BP. Not this morning though. Raffles jumped on my breakfast tray and upset a full cup of black coffee all over the bed! You wouldn't believe a small amount of liquid could spread so far!

• Like 1

Do some on line researching Jill, I found out about Catsclaw that way, I found a Doctor in Nevada who was claimed to be an expert on Lyme Disease, his advise to other Doctors on the subject of Lyme, was "Listen to your patients, they know more about Lyme than you will ever do"  He posted on his site, that some of his patients were recording recovery from the disease taking Catsclaw, as he said, try it, you have nothing to lose, if it works, pass the knowledge onto others.

• Like 1

With Colloidal Silver, I make my own, as it can be extremely expensive buying it, in fact they rip their customers off, as it is very cheap to make at home.

I proved it's use some years back, I had a bin full of cans I was crushing, I'd forgotten about a couple of bottles getting tossed in the bin. I soon found one, or it found me, I should have had a couple of stitches, deep and large. After I'd stemmed the bleeding, and my Doctors clinic was over a half hours drive, I said sod it, poured colloidal silver over the wound and dressed it myself. Treated the wound several times a day with colloidal silver and kept it dressed. Would scabbed over in a couple of days and healed completely in less than a week.

Puritans Pride .com and Piping Rock.com Dave.

I might add a couple of weeks back I had my first cold on over 25 years, Sunday morning I woke up with stuffy nose, then sneezes sore throat coughing and sneezing later eight days later all symptoms gone, mild cold at that. I attribute the mildness and long period to taking Vitamin D daily.