Lotions, Potions and Remedies

EDTA.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1032/edta

I first came across it in the Coal Board labs.  Described as a 'buffering agent', but I never had cause to use it.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dad always used lard, which came in large blocks as big as a small coffee table in our chippie in the 50's / 60's. He chopped it up with a massive machete ! 3d and 6d a bag !  

To those interested in alternate medicine, I started on this route after coming across a cassette tape and then the book, "Dead Doctors Tell No Lies" by a medical Dcotor. He was born and raised on a f

My gran drank six glasses of Andrew’s Liver Salts everyday. When she passed away they had to beat her liver to death with a stick!

Don't think I have had chips done in a chip pan for 30 years? Can you still buy a chip pan? Looking in my freezer it's oven chips only, we have a bag of frozen crinkle cut chips, spicy peri peri fries, hash brown fries & carrot fries & they usually get a dusting of Schwartz paprika & onion classic chip seasoning before serving.

• Like 1

Yes my mum lit one for my dad coming in after his 2-10 shift, she forgot about it but dad came in just as it caught fire and put a wet tea towel over it. He played merry hell with mum.

When I were a young apprentice at Clifton Colliery, we had an electrician who went under the name of Chippy" Lee, his missus left him, and one day he put the chip pan on, went and sat down and fell to sleep...Rest is history.

Same happened to one my colleagues at Boulby Mine, he lived on the other side of the square from me, only his wife was out shopping.

I never leave a chip pan unattended, too dangerous.

• Like 1

Electric deep fry thingies are the go these days RR.

Sure did and never lived it down. You never let anyone know stuff like that in a mining community...LOL

One of the lads was knocking around on the side with a young woman by the name of Cherry, about the time felt tip pens appeared on the scene and all switchgear U/G was painted white. Everywhere one went there were cherries drawn on switchgear. Fellers wife found out he was getting stuff on the side and threatened to remove his genitals with a carving knife, so he dumped Cherry...LOL

• Like 1

I did some research into the medicinal benefits of Epsom Salts and whilst it can be taken in small doses, there is no credible evidence that consuming it has detoxifying effects. However an Epsom Salt bath may provide pain relief and reduce swelling in people with inflammatory illnesses.  

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Thought you were going to say they laid scrambled eggs. On the other hand women here during this last heatwave were ovulating hard boiled eggs.