That song is very nostalgic for me Den,& A whiter shade of pale by Procol Harem. Can anyone jolt my memory about the Zager & Evans song which was popular,it's title escapes me iknow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crikey, your formative years in a nut shell. Some goodies, some mediocre, some.... Well not so mediocre. I remember about the same age being asked by an aunt what record could she buy for my birthday

'Telstar' Tornadoes, and that VERY blonde Heinz

Elvis Presley Teddy Bear/Loving You on a RCA 78 Still got the record but nothing that will play it!

Posted Images

Hi Caz, you must be thinking of this one.

Zager and Evans "In The Year 2525 ". Reached #1 07-12-69

Paul

Thanks Zak that's the one,I love it still,very nostalgic song for me ,along with a few others :rolleyes:

Wasn't there a Rock and Roll movie that came out in 1957/58/59 with Bill Haley and the Comets, or was it another group.

I remember going to see it at the Odeon on Arkwright Street (???) with my sister. I was tapping my feet to the music when a policeman came down the aisle and told me to stop or I would be thrown out.

I think there was some kind of expectation that youngsters would get out of hand during the showing, hence there were police on hand.

Alison

Wasn't there a Rock and Roll movie that came out in 1957/58/59 with Bill Haley and the Comets, or was it another group.

I'm sure you are right...recall seeing it at the old Aspley cinema, in it's pre-Commodore days...

Wouldn't stake my dwindling reputation on it, but........"Blackboard Jungle"????

Cheers

Robt P.

• 2 weeks later...

OH DON'T GET ME STARTED ON RECORDS! OK THEN... Mine was 'lay your love on me' by Racey 1978 RAK label. I still have it.

Long live Vinyl, robs records, bring back arcade records.

Sniffadawg

post-9-1174390512.jpg

• Upvote 1
I'm sure you are right...recall seeing it at the old Aspley cinema, in it's pre-Commodore days...

What was the old cinema type building half way up Aspley Lane? About 300 yds up from Melbourne Road after the shops on the left. Used to have a Safe Company in there I think - might be wrong but I'm going back some now.?

• 4 weeks later...

First records for me (yes I was rich bought 2 at the same time)Christmas money actually "I'd Like to teach the world to sing"( in perfect harmony)By the New Seakers 1971 and Deck of cards by David Frost, a mickey take on Wink Martindales hit it was very funny when I first heard it in the store he must of seen me coming!!!

boombox2

What was the old cinema type building half way up Aspley Lane? About 300 yds up from Melbourne Road after the shops on the left. Used to have a Safe Company in there I think - might be wrong but I'm going back some now.?

The clue is in Robs referrence to "The Commodore"............................

Reckon not Craig.....

Frank's query seems to relate to the 'Forum' [aka the 'Flea Pit'] on Aspley Lane...which was a different cinema to the 'Aspley'/'Commodore' on Nuthall Road.

Cheers

Robt P.

• 8 years later...

The Duke in Harlem. Duke Ellington

R&B at the Marquee. Alexis Korner's Blues Inc. Both around 1962/3.

First single was 'Wanna Be Your Man' by the Rolling Stones on Decca.

Who'd have thought they'd become so collectable...

Col

Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis. I remember playing it over and over and over again till my parents said they were fed up with hearing it...

• Upvote 2

Baby Face by Little Richard, or Diana by Paul Anka. Closely followed by Oh Carol, or something by the Everly's.

• Upvote 1

African Waltz by Johnny Dankworth orchestra . Bit weird for an 11 year old !

Next was Walk Like a Man by Four Seasons .

Poetry in Motion -Johnny Tillotson 1960

• Upvote 2

FLY, when I read on your post, Diana and Oh Carol I was transported back to some really special times in my teenage years - I loved those 2 records, and now I can't stop singing them in my head...