Anyone who was in a Beat Group in Notts In The 60s

On 1/15/2017 at 8:52 PM, RGR said:

The workmans club on Albert Street in the early 60s would have occasionally have a local band play there called the Paladins who would play Shadows style guitar music,they were really good.

funny I just happened on this post 7 years later. The lead guitarist in Paladins was my father, Terry Knight

I came across this site today and thought I'd give it a shot. 

My father used to be lead guitarist in the Nottingham beat group Paladins–they played Shadows type material. 

I'm on the lookout for any photos that might exist of the time.

Long shot I know.

Welcome to the site Sak66. I'm sure someone on here will come up with something.Stick around and see what develops.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Anyone who was in a Beat Group in Notts In The 60s

I see you've found the reference to The Paladins in an old post from 2017.  Unfortunately the person who posted it is no longer with us.

But if you have the time and inclination, there are many threads covering old local groups (although they don't mention the Paladins.)

https://nottstalgia.com/forums/forum/9-nick-palmers-nottstalgia-general-music-chat/

This site is brimming with Nottingham beat group nostalgia.

https://playedinaband.com/index.htm

A really great read.

BTW as a 15/16 year old I played in a band initially called The Dyaks later becoming Cure. 
We practised in the church hall of High Church St Methodist in New Basford and did a few gigs around Nottingham such as the YMCA on Shakespeare St, Peveril School and St Jude’s Hall Mapperley Top.
We were active 1965-6 and had the time of our lives.

We played High Church St. Back in the late 60's. I got off with a girl from Liddington St. who my friends christened 'Gas Works Pat'! We were the Bentley Brothers with the fabulous Tornadoes. I later teamed up with a guy from the High School, Dave Field, and we called ourselves 'The Fieldmen'. We played church and village halls. We didn't go down in the 'hall of fame! :biggrin:

On 5/13/2024 at 12:16 AM, Beekay said:

Welcome to the site Sak66. I'm sure someone on here will come up with something.Stick around and see what develops.

much appreciated ;)