Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

You beat me to it Commo' lol...............we called em BOWL-ERS...........the 'Posh kids' still had tyers on theres

#3028: Advertised as "Miracle Acdo". Although listed as "Currently unavailable" it is advertised on Amazon for sale.

#3035. I had a metal hoop with a stick which was part of the whole thing - the stick had a loop and the hoop went through it. I remember it was red and the paint soon started to come off. It DIDN'T have tyres so obviously I wasn't posh enough, Benjamin!! I do remember it was noisy..

• Upvote 2

#,3027 Spry,?. i remember when it came in 1/2 lb packets like Trex..........posh Lard really.

Anyone remember 'Maid Marian' grocery shops ?

Good grief Catfan, did I spell something wrong. Slap my wrist ! LOL

In the 60s when i worked at Marsdens lol. Spry and Trex were about 2/6 for 1/2 lb packet,Cookeen about 2 bob,but you could still buy LB (POUND) of loose Lard for 1/3,............in fact an almost permanent offer was 2LB Sugar and a LB of Lard 2/6.

Catfan,...there was an Echo brand...but it was Margarine not Lard,..and it was the very cheapest about a 'Shilling for 1/2 lb.

Stork was middle price, Echo was cheapo'...........and the expensive one ive just remembered........anyone know ?

In fact there were two,

And remember the TV jingle,.............you'll wonder where the yellow went,when you clean your teeth with 'Pepsodent'

or the kids better version,..................you'll wonder where your 'toenails' went,when you dip your feet in wet Cement'

• Upvote 3

I'd like at this stage to reassure you all that white dog poo is still alive and well. We feed our dogs on a raw diet which has the right amount of bone in. Whenever we then give any of them a whole bone too, we get good old fashioned chalky white out of the other end.

• Upvote 1