Things you don't see anymore

It must be all the pasta that keeps you alert !

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I'd got virtually the correct letters, just in the wrong order. LOL

• Upvote 1

Here's another product of the same type. This is "normatype" and as you can see, I have used some of the letters.

normatype.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As promised in the "Classic double acts" thread, here is a Beta and Max recorder, currently stored in my loft:

IMG_6188.JPG

Don't see many birds at all in our garden cos the cats are always stalking them - we have a lot of undergrowth round the edges of the garden for them to hide in. Son bought us a lovely bird table and it just gets used as a scratching post for the cats!

Thats where they've gone is it Compo.............used to see hundreds of em everywhere.............now just the odd pair..........

There used to be a similar product called Tetrasil I believe. We used it at Plessey regularly.

You're probably thinking of Tetrasol - a branded variant of carbon tetrachloride (used as a solvent and switch cleaner), which of course you can't buy now (something to do with depleting the ozone layer) so quite fitting to the thread title.

• Upvote 1

Kiss me Quick/Slowly hats

Whitworths dried onions

Bee top sauce

Clan Dew whiskey

Caramacs

Bicks green relish

Mint Cracknels

Mandora pop

Streakers

Hand painted cars

K- nockers

Pripsin

Match/pin sellers

Beech nut

Pink paraffin machines

Toppo Gigio

Some long forgotten treats there Ian. #3422

Beech Nut Chewing gum usually bought from a machine but for the life of me I cannot remember how much.

Bee Top Sauce, Mint Cracknels and Caramac Yum Yum.

We have something similar to Mint Cracknel downunder called Peppermint Crisp

Wasn't Mandora the soft drink brand for Mansfield Brewery? I liked Sunecta brand Mixed Fruit flavor don't know who's brand, if any that was.

What was Pripsin?

Beech nut was 1d per packet from the machines in Nottingham during the 1950s & early 60s.

• Upvote 1

Mandora pop,forgot about that,and yes it was Mansfield brewery that made it,Beetop sauce 7d at Marsdens 1960,and Clan Dew Whisky (no E Ian thats Irish lol) seem to remember it being about £1 per bottle in 1960 cheapest on the market.............

• Upvote 2

Oztalgian: Pripsen is medical preparation for getting rid of worms and other parasites - is that the stuff you were thinking of?

Pripsen ....Whenever there was an outbreak of worms at school my kids used to dread having to drink it. Everytime they see a pink drink now of any sort they shiver with the memory. So do I with the memory of coaxing them to drink it, the bribes, the promises etc. Fingers crossed my grandchildren havent had them. It would be a nightmare.

• Upvote 2