Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Going back in time.............Tending the gas lamps:

34383311213_8ee2477163_c.jpg

• Upvote 2

Don't know about Nazi pops (#4212) but during World War II the Nazis issued these Christmas decorations to their troops in Norway:

35156066436_d6027b6eeb_h.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

"....and the next Tonight will be tomorrow night - goodnight."

Answers on a postcard, please 1f642.png

• 3 weeks later...

Rummaging through some stuff over the weekend, I came across these items that you certainly con't see any more. Left to right:  A British passport; an Iron bedstead spanner and a button hook:

35995580241_77240d49ae_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

I still continue to blame the introduction of metrication for these constant reductions in size. 

They are stealthily reducing the amount of beer you get in bottled beer here, the "normal size of a bottle used to be 375ml (millilitres) many beers were then packaged in 345ml and now some are even 330ml. For some reason beer seemed to escape the unit pricing labelling requirements. Don't care about chocolate getting smaller as I don't usually eat it but when it comes to beer that is getting serious.

• Upvote 1