Things you don't see anymore

I had a JVC given to me as a gift, My other half was assured by the shop it was fully 'digital' and it does indeed bear the legend 'digital video camera' except it uses tapes! Not VHS I grant you but I expected a 'digital' camera to record to memory. The tapes are prone to jamming and need to be stored properly. I used it twice on holiday but it's such a faff about that I don't bother now.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I've got a Canon 8mm tape camcorder.  I still use it and like it.  It records to the tape at 1080I hd.  I like it because tape edits well via the computer.  It is easy to store the tapes if I want to archive something, although I probably won't live long enough to ever need them.  It also takes quite nice stills to an SD card.

I watched a DVD of Saturday Night and Sunday morning last night. A film I haven't seen for many years.

All the old streets, now vanished. So sad. It looked clean, neat and tidy without cars and wheelie bins cluttering everywhere up.

Albert Finney did a passable job, apart from lapsing into something that sounded like Len Fairclough every so often!

The film must look very archaic to the young of today but to most of us, it brings back happy memories of a world that has gone for ever.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Waddo said:

Spangles

Spangles were a big seller when we had our Beer Off through the 1970s. I can always remember the details about when they were introduced because they came out the year I was born 1948 and then went into liquidation in 1984. the last two numbers in the date reversed. Another favourite disappeared..

14 minutes ago, catfan said:

Do you mind, I have a dentist appointment later this week.

Sorry Catfan, I went last week. The dentist has a brand new all-singing all-dancing Japanese made chair apparatus thing and photos of aeroplanes around his office. We discussed P51s pylon racing in the USA and the upcoming renewal of his pilot's instrument rating cert. and the merits of taking it in a twin engine as opposed to a single engine aircraft. Oh, and he did some dental work while I was there.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Compo said:

Benelux cycle gears:

27057190359_ed24a3cbb0_m.jpg

Are they the same as duraelia gears ? (spell).........i had some as a paper lad late 50s,......kept getting ravelled up......tried mending em but in the end smashed em up with me Dads Hammer.........Dads only tool same as me..........lol.

• Like 1

Mrs having one out on thursday £66 up front...........no wonder hes got a bleddy Plane.........last Dentist retired early to live in Spain.........God she made some money..........looked after the Bestwood Mafia..........put all their Gold teeth in...............and them that are still free.and alive.....took em all out..................lol

That's nowt Ben.  Set me back $850 last week for four fillings.  Dental insurance is a joke.  By the time you paid all the premiums you might as well have just saved the money in the bank and then use it to pay.  Doesn't cover a lot of procedures anyway.  BTW that seems to be about the going rate here for fillings.  Wouldn't have got it cheaper anywhere else.

Bleddy teeth are a nuisance Loppy.............pain when they first grow........target in fights.......painful to have filled or out........and if you don't have em cleaned by the Dentist look horrible ,........ain't got many of my own left now for various reasons, be glad when they've all gone...........so next time i'm gonna get thumped going to tell him where to aim,..............lol

• Like 2

Reminds me of a story I heard.  I may have even posted it before if so pardon me.   

A guy was seated at dinner party when he realized he forgot his dentures.  Guy sitting next to him noticed his problem, reached in his pocket and said here, try these.   They were a great fit.  He thanked the man and said.  You must be a dentist.  He replied, No, an undertaker. ;)

• Like 3
15 hours ago, carni said:

Spangles were a big seller when we had our Beer Off through the 1970s. I can always remember the details about when they were introduced because they came out the year I was born 1948 and then went into liquidation in 1984. the last two numbers in the date reversed. Another favourite disappeared..

Spangles were so popular with one Radio Caroline DJ in 1967 that he was nicknamed "Spangles" Muldoon.