Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

\snip\

What's an adjustable square ?

The receipt was from Sisson and Parker, stationers (especially school books and equipment), so it will be the adjustable drawing square, I imagine.

I can see what appears to be a hydraulic system working the machine. There seems to be two tool heads attached to a hydraulically operated base and a (possibly) rotating cylinder containing a quantity of nuts. It was clearly built by the factory mechanics Heath and Robinson. Was it a nut threader?

Button/stud press? Are those things in the cylinder buttons awaiting holes being cut or something of that order?

!jumping! WAHEY! Actually I wouldn't have got near it without the clue. I thought it was some kind of hydraulic press but could'nt work out what the objects in the cylinder were.

Bro - we call those "Lift the dots" - 'cause on the part with the hole it says "Lift the dot"! Very common on all convertible British cars and still available, although I suspect they are now made in China! I would never have guessed that they were a product of Carr Fastener in Stabbo - although I know they made a lot of auto related (especially seating) parts.