Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

20 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Berni Flint.

Seeing this name brought to mind the fiollowing: [source Wiki]

McGuinness Flint was a rock band formed in 1970 by Tom McGuinness, former bassist and guitarist with Manfred Mann, and Hughie Flint, former drummer with John Mayall; plus vocalist and keyboard player Dennis Coulson, and multi-instrumentalists and singer-songwriters Benny Gallagher and Graham Lyle.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Imps in the tin were nice on those smog filled morning walks to school .

I recall Imps being in a small cardboard carton. Melloids in a tin. The tin had an inner lid with a small hole in it to enable one Melloid at a time to be shaken out.

I preferred Dinnefords Gripe Water to soothe our babies' wind (andit was a spoonful for them and a spoonful for me!). But I remember trying out Woodwards for them, too

You don't see kids nowadays who've banged their head, and mum has rubbed butter, marge, or lard onto the lump ! 

• Like 1

I can't for the life of me think what good it did, but it was in the days way before anyone had ice cubes available.

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

I preferred Dinnefords Gripe Water to soothe our babies' wind

Lady across the road brought her new baby to show us, whilst holding it, it started crying, she said it wants winding, I punched it in the stomach but it still cried!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
17 hours ago, FLY2 said:

You don't see kids nowadays who've banged their head, and mum has rubbed butter, marge, or lard onto the lump ! 

Butter? First thing you do is phone claims direct, get yourselves down A&E make out you can't breathe or speak get a neck brace on & some of those red socks & have a month off school ......... Kerrrrrchiiiiinnnng! 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's summat as you don't see these days....A double yolked egg.  Supermarket eggs are all a standard size and single yolkers.  this one came from my local crofter's hens.

39457972395_e542d55faa_c.jpg

Not just these three but the Snug in a pub.  These days pubs have all been converted into eateries with drink as an aside.

26071119838_7f1975dc1a_b.jpg

• Like 1

I once had a hen that layed a triple yolked egg. The only one I ever saw in 15 years of keeping poultry. Also, during one long summers day, I had one hen that layed very early in the morning, then again just before dusk. Again, the only time I've ever known that to happen.

• Like 1

The Ariel Arrow, 250cc Two-stroke.  Someone may be able to correct me if I'm wrong but I think that this bike's design was sold to Honda, who then made their version of the frame and swept the world with it.

28056503339_e3cf43c0e1_b.jpg

• Like 1

I think you are right compo, either the arrow or the leader, Honda made the CD series of bike's based on "tin frames".!!

• Like 1

my_pictures0001_13.jpg

And I think Yamaha copied the engine but greatly improved on it by fitting a two stroke oil pump to prevent the engine oiling up at lower revs, the Aerial Leader had leg shields, a fully enclosed engine and rear wheel to "keep you clean" when riding it,fuel tank still under the seat though same as the Arrow

Rog

• Like 1