Things you don't see anymore

At our school, they wore the gingham cloth and ate the cakes before we could snaffle 'em!

But that does remind me - it must have been carnival day or something, but there used to be the most amazing floats, decked out in floweres and streamers; dozens of troups of boys and girls, all dressed up and marching to the park. I remember the girls used to slap their thighs (no really) and they'd raise bright red marks on their legs - there was also a bunch who did 'twirly stick' stuff. I was maybe 11 or 12 then and it was the most magic day in the year!

Now, round here, because of 'elf and safety and union rules, we don't have any of that stuff - even the few floats that there are are just so sad! (no one will decorate them for free any more and apparently the insurance is so high it just aint worth it).

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Never see anyone go scrumping any more

That's because the kids don't want to be healthy by eating apples , they would rather mug an old lady for the contents of her purse so they can buy a bag of smack!!!

...methinks we have glimmers of flat capism?

Anyway,here are things you don`t see anymore:

You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys removed by black-market organ thieves.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. I went to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs. It was just that quick. The replacements had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My butt was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier. But my new butt was attached at least three inches lower than my original !! I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favour of long skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was fixing my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm swing to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary - my body was being replaced one section at a time. What could they do to me next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey neck, I decided to tell my story. Women of the world, wake up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic' surgeons are using REAL replacement body parts - stolen from you and me! The next time someone you know has something 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!

P.S. Last year I thought some one had stolen my Boobs. I was lying in bed and they were gone! But when I jumped out of bed, I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband ..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Farthings...

I remember as a very small kid in the early fifties getting a small bottle of orange off the milkman for a farthing...about the only thing left that you could spend one on.

One farthing...4 to the penny...240 pennies to the pound...So thats 960 bottles of orange for a quid....Not bad eh???

• Like 1

Milk Floats in Long Eaton.

What they should have taken instead:

The milk float clocked up nearly 75mph

Move over Ernie - a team of engineers has delivered the title of the fastest milk float to south Wales.

The £50,000 float rattled up an impressive 73.39mph as it sped past the competition and into the record books.

Designed by VXL Automotive in Rogerstone, near Newport, the Electron E150 took the land speed record for an electrically-powered vehicle.

"It wasn't the speed we hoped to achieve - we hoped to achieve well in excess of 100mph, but we did well to get what we did on the day," he said.

Could be looking for a `gettaway' car?