Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, plantfit said:

That place is well worth visiting Mick

Rog

Been there many times Rog, an excellent place to spend an afternoon at least, & it's completely free to, unlike this rip-off money grabbing money wasting city council we have.

https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/heritage-and-tourism/museum-of-lincolnshire-life/

• Like 1
On 9/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, FLY2 said:

All newbies see these days is bragging, blatant hypocrisy, and some bombastic posts.

....and my non-PC stuff. 

:crazy:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cathode ray tube televisions. this one was in a hotel I stayed in last week!  The hotel had no central heating and no wi-fi.  Got a special Autumn rate too - £70 per night....That's Scotland for you :wacko:

43783651765_43c0d0c86f_b.jpg

• Like 1

Many rooms had no en suite but ours had a shower and bog. Here's the shower.  The woodwork was somewhat rotten in places too.  The windows were both jammed and the carpet had fag burns in it:

43974342854_ef9c764d77_b.jpg

It looks ok from the outside but what you can't see from this angle is that the sign had a letter missing from the name "The Conon Brid_e Hotel" ('g' missing). Note also flaking paint and single glazed windows:

29755218967_ffb65da2cf_b.jpg

One of the window frames. they were all in this or worse condition:

44025566964_a0ba69ac2d_b.jpg

• Like 1

Compo I think you ought to have charged them -£70 per night to stay there. Disgusting, what courage for the state of the place.

• Like 2

What a shithole !

On a holiday to Sandown  IOW last year we stayed in a similar hotel ! Not the cleanest , awful food, no wifi & top price for drinks in the hotel bar. Having no Wetherspoons nearby I bought our drinks from a Tesco supermarket & took great pleasure in hiding the empties until we left & then left em in the room next to where notice displayed that guests must not eat or drink in the room, only drinks bought in the hotel could be consumed ! Yeah right.

Similar TV set up & being in a small room it was fitted to a bracket up near the ceiling but you couldn't watch the TV without getting a stiff neck !

I never booked with Skill's coaches again after that.

P1060150.jpg

• Like 1