Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Well personally, we quite like F B pies. Lovely with chips or mash. Comes in its own cooking tray too. An added bonus is it fits in my little airfryer perfectly. When washed out I can use the dish as a baking tray for other items, eg., sausages etc.

• Like 1

I remember a chap at teacher training college who was very partial to tinned sponge puddings. Do they still make those?  He had a slight accident with one of them. Tired, from a long day's teaching practice and the interminable journey back to Scarborough (we were not permitted to use our own cars on early teaching practice placements and had to wait for the college bus to pick us up!)  he forgot to puncture the tin lid and.... Whoops! Explosion and sponge pud all over the ceiling!

• Like 1

Ben, it says on the tin, 'microwavable', "In a Tin"? Or is one supposed to decant it first.

Query, your post says circa 1962. Who had a microwave back then?

Or perhaps I've misunderstood.

Thing is, I've been having a fancy for 'date sponge', you used to be able to get that in a tin.

31 minutes ago, katyjay said:

I don't think the tin is 1962, but the price is.

Thankyou Katy............

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Ben, it says on the tin, 'microwavable', "In a Tin"? Or is one supposed to decant it first.

Query, your post says circa 1962. Who had a microwave back then?

Or perhaps I've misunderstood.

YES You misunderstood.!!!

They were definitely Heinz and were scrummy. They apparently stopped making them in 2015. The ones in plastic containers aren’t a patch on them.

A bobby on the beat

The whole range was discontinued around the time of the Kraft / Heinz merger in 2015.

9wo8rlD.jpg

There's a Change.Org petition to bring back the Tinned chocolate pudding from the same range, it only got 97 votes.

https://www.change.org/p/h-j-heinz-bring-back-heinz-steamed-chocolate-pudding-in-a-tin

I'd have thought they'd have been better petitioning Kraft Heinz.

• Like 1
On 3/6/2023 at 1:57 AM, Jill Sparrow said:

Black Forest? That sounds a bit exotic. I don't remember seeing that one.

Yeah I thought the same , but I think we tastes all the other lot as kids , the strawberry jam sponge and chocolate sponge made we want to taste that yummy sponge all over again !

• 2 months later...

P1100278.jpg

found in one of my sheds the other week, forgot all about them,(sold the bigger one already) I think they might have slowed a car thief up for all of ten seconds before they had it away with your car

Rog

• Like 1