Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Hi mudgie, no plans as yet for the Great day; just wish the sun would shine and for it to get warmer - always feel better when this happens. I found this radio station the other day, name of 'Smooth' plays Seventies music - don't know if you can receive this - anyway it certainly gets me dancing whilst I'm cleaning up.

How about you mudgie, how are you gettin' on? Have you made any toy soldiers recently?

This is for you: kickme mudgie chatting up Jackson (Ms for Compo's benefit) for a dance.

Dear Ms. Jackson,

Have you tried Radio Caroline recently? available on Satellite and internet radio. My favourite programme is the 60s and 70s request show on Tuesdays 9PM - Midnight.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Compo (Mr)

PS If I come to a Nottstalgia meet can I have a big kick up the ars* too, please?

We have cable TV that has 40 music channels,I listen/watch to classic R&B/soul or Golden oldies,it's like having the radio on' but you can watch the pictures.

Denice and I may go up to Savanah,on the Georgia coast.A beautiful old southern city,it's where I began my new life in America.

I have been making some 'master figures',but still not 100% over my recent surgery,about 90% there.

Thank's for asking Jackson,hope the sun shines for you on the day. !tanning!

Had a blue and light grey one Compo,scratched a few records by piling on to many.

The record on the turntable in the photo is Ken Dodd The River. I don't mind if that one gets scratched <g>

Dear Mr Compo,

Hoping that you are well.

I will take your advice and try Radio Caroline at the nearest opportunity.

I should like to add that in no way will I insult you with a K up the A; I have no wish to appear prissy but I respect the time you devote to 'Nottstalgia'.

Yours sincerely,

Jackson (Ms)

Bruddy 'ell - getting a bit formal 'ere arn't we. Wots all this Mr. and Ms. stuff?

Things you dont see anymore

Plastic macs

Garters to owd yur socks up

Kids on fixed wheel bikes

99 or 67.5 volt batteries for your radio + a 1.5 volt . .............. Ps . you only stuck them on your tongue once

Air tubes in the shops for sending stuff to other departments

I had a Pye black box stereo record player only had one record though......... Big Bad John

Hi dgbrit, you can come across plastic macs occasionally; I've seen the odd few in shops but certainly not rails and rails of them like you used to see in Woolworths: 50's time. If you do come across them, it would appear that they've become a collector's item, sometimes the price charged.

Thanks for reminding me of garters: the ends of a small strip of elastic sewn together and used to keep your long Winter socks up. Remember how your legs would itch with the pressure of the garters on them? And remember it was quite a catastrophy if you lost one?

I'm ok now Mick. Me likkul 'art were goin' ten ter the duzzen forra minit there. Phew!

Hickies (Love bites) I know they weren't that popular way back when , but they were in the 70s/80s.!