Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I actually wore a flat cap for a while sometime in the late 70s early 80s and thought I was so cool !!!. It ended up in the canal by London road after I got in a bit of a ruck with some Aston Villa fans one afternoon 845t4rd5!!!

The price of things in guineas. I know there was no such coinage, but a lot of stuff was in guineas. Like my first trip abroad in 1965, all in for 2 weeks in Lloret, was 18 guineas. [took some save up for, I'll tell you. Laughable now]

The price of things in guineas. I know there was no such coinage.

oooops,,,,, there were indeed guinea coins,,,, (and I rekkon some stalgians will be old enough to remember !)

I don't want to list them all,,,, but George I, II & III had actual guinea coins,,,,,,,,

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

Bread Poltice fer the boil on yer neck.......

Lion Ointment........

Cow 'eal sandwiches...........

• 3 weeks later...

AApatrolboxNorfolk.jpg

Nuff said really, with most folk now having a mobile phone there is no need for the road side box, took this today in Norfolk, (are they trying to tell us something????)

Rog

winter green some horrid stuff that was rubbed on ya chest........kids with thick ears............summer.......Carboncles

True they did inter fit , back in the day you got your metal badge with a matching key (Both numbered ) if you were able to get hold of a matching pair it was worth a fortune (So I was told) whilst working for the RAC in the late 80s and early 90s, an old boy came up to me and handed over a matching set, saying he had no need for them as he had stopped driving!! He asked me to hand them in for him, I accidently forgot (MMMMMMM!!) and it is in my loft as an heirloom