Things you don't see anymore

Compo, I had a blue/grey version of the top one, with 'Austin of England' badged on the bonnet side, I think the lights worked also? or did I imagine it?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Dried peas, soak for 2 days in bicarb' of soda & water, boil gently for 6 weeks.....................more if you can wait....................eat with lots of mint sauce, preferably whilst walking around Goose Fair..............

• Upvote 1

Re metal toys of the 50s can anyone remember those metal cranes which were basically a metal box on four plastic wheels with a jib and string and bucket with winding handle?

Paulus: You have me wondering now....I would have said the lights were solid but I'm not so sure...?

The fabulous tail lights of the 1959 Series V Morris Oxford:

Untitled_WEB-628x887%255B1%255D.jpg?gl=GB

And the very Americanised look of the car itself:

16-10-2009-215225-628x466%255B1%255D.jpg?gl=GB

Not sure about the Party Seven, Compo. We now get these:

newcastle-draught-keg.jpg

You can get a Heiniken version too, for the Lager Louts! (Refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach!)

• Upvote 1

Strange to think that the Black and White Minstrel Show regularly pulled in the highest TV audiences !! (I didn't like it either)

I used to love 'The Good Old Days', it was a laugh a minute. Leonard Sachs introduced the acts using words that nobody understood but everyone would roar with laughter at. Everyone dressed up and we'd be singing along with them to 'Down At The Old Bull And Bush'. It was a programme full of fun and that's why I loved it.

And in 3rd place for most hated (not sure if on tv though?) The Billy Cotton Band Show, thinking about it maybe 3rd place should be shared with a radio show "Sing something for the simple" on a sunday at teatime, made me want to vomit

I was not a fan of the B&W Minstrel Show either. It wasn't just the jaded music (to my ears), there also seeming something unnatural about the whole thing! Of course, I was pretty young at the time so I am probably imagining it all!