Things you don't see anymore

Compo's post @ #1525: Oh, the smell of those caps when you hit them with a garden stone - Bootiful :yahoo:

PS: Penny a long strip and did they give us kids some naughty pleasure!

Didn't half hurt when you set them off with a finger nail though!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

#1535:

Can anyone guess what the roll of film is sitting on? Anyone who was a teenager in the 50s/60s should know the answer to this if you think carefully and look closely.

How's this for a rarity. Not only a real dictionary BUT ALSO covered with wallpaper!!!

IMG_8421.JPG?gl=GB

PSST I wasn't a teenager till 1974 !!

And Notts County put in a fine second half performance last night, to come back from 2-0 down in front of 43000 scousers is an achievement that I am extremely proud of, something that the other team in the city would love to be able to do !!!

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I still think we're shite by the way !

and lose 2-4 so like I said, And I really think forest will go up this season, said so before 1st game and put £20 on them £10 at 9/4 to go up and £10 as champions at 11/1, so if they go up with get over £30 back, as champions £120, and if they don't will be worth the £20 not to get (some of) their fans ranting re how they are going to win the cup, premiership, in europe, world championship,wimbledon, tour de france and the ashes!

Must be great to multi million pound owners not afraid to splash their cash ! Don't know whether you noticed but Notts had 6 players out injured last night, it was that bad we had to draft in an emergency left back at the 11th hour, and play 4 other squad members with a total first team experience of zilch ! Yet still they held the scouse tw*ts to a draw away from home. (and you can think that says twits if you like!)

Tell me something else Ash, when was the last time your lot were drawn away in the cup ??

What's the title of this thread?............................... Oh yes "Things you don't see any more"...............................

In Ashleys case 'my 20 quid'.................................. I'll get my coat.

PS ........... I still think we're shite !

My lot? either I have cocked up my reply or you have misunderstood my sarcasim? saw my first notts match in the early 50's Bradley in goal (later Linton) burkinshaw leuty,wills,m'cormack, tommy johnson, (the first one) even tommy lawton as manager, then the 3rd div (south and north) relection in the 4th, the glory days of div 1, beating Man Utd etc, twice at wembley, the downside after, big sam, macparland and the crap later, never been a forest fan

Sorry Ash , I thought you were a Notts fan , and it was unusual to have posted what you did , I've re read it and it still seems like you're 'having a pop' at notts, then re read it again and i can see a different slant to it !

Been told before I have an odd sense of humour Beefsteak! and I'll continue that by saying that titanic trip sounds a bargain, wonder who the usual agents are? theres no phone no. or email address, asked at huntingdon street bus station, was told to **** off!

• Upvote 1

Things we don't see anymore? Drivers indicating BEFORE they go round a corner. Ordinary cyclists wearing ordinary clothes. Coppers on the beat. Me running up the stairs (or anywhere else for that matter). A proper pub bar full of smoke with blokes in cloth caps putting the world to rights.

:rotfl: Bloody rude buggers - Trust you told 'em, Ashley.

However, think it was a good thing that you missed the boat!

15th April 1912:

Telegram from the Titanic

Titanic-telegram-620x549.jpg

The foil tops on milk bottles (especially at School) That we used to grip between our fingers and see how far we could flip them :biggrin: and we would take the silver

paper from inside the Park Drive packet, separate its paper backing, then mold a tiny wine glass shape round our fingers , fill it with the wet paper backing and

throw it up at the ceiling to see how long it stayed there. :crazy: Don't do it any more :sorry:

In the late forties, early fifties, there were still shell shocked military around who were largely ignored or laughed at on buses etc. Sadly there are still battled scarred soldiers with us but we can be thankful for a more enlightened society - I hope!

Don`t forget the women folk who lost their young men ,husbands,sons and lovers,for what? To hand our beloved country to anyone to abuse and trample on. What apathetic fools we British are. O.K I am not P.C. nor will I ever be. Long live GREAT Britain.