Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I know the brewery in old basford was called The Prince Of Wales, but who owned it? am I correct in thinking the one on (or just off) North Gate in the Palm St. area called The Nottingham Brewery before bought up by Shippo's?

Things...........anymore.........

Kate and William! (and George ).

Bit of fresh air down here on hols for couple of weeks. Who remembers what happened to them tomorrow,3 years ago? What a pity they do not follow Liz,instead of that horse faced woman and the tree hugger.

May I just add a p.s to Ashley`s comment ( above),the note.. above was Ashley`s. As much as ,I dislike that adulterer,and his horse faced concubine,------ his mother,the Queen has done wonders for the UK and Commonwealth.

There's one of those we bought cheap when we lived in Oz, it's in it's box at the back of my workshop.

Do what I do then Mike, go out and buy one.....LOL

I'm on about a warm sweater...LOL

I've struck the jackpot, try this company, they stock several makes, knit me a load of sweaters when you get one...LOL

http://www.handknittingmachines.com/index.php

Got to laugh at the eBay one - starting bid: $29.99, shipping cost (from Chicago) $64.95! Does anybody really think an item that sells for $30 will be worth over $60 to ship it!

You'd be surprised Eric, but they are boat anchors, I think the one in the workshop weighs around 45 lbs.

Nicked this from Faceache:

Margaret Thatcher, milk snatcher, stopped this:

1660854_10152046518243884_1361104063_n%2

• Upvote 2

#1754 now thats a nice little job i would"nt mind doing,if i ever decide to start work again :biggrin: