Things you don't see anymore

I've always understood that 'spiders' were originally introduced because of different hole sizes on US 45's. Also no 45's would work on jukesboxes without them, as we know.

I thought that djs only had them because they picked up loads of ex-jukebox records more than anything else, but the dj's on the site will be able to clear that up.

carni, as with pretty much all collectibles, condition is key, records that have centres removed will be worth much less.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

My parents knew the DJ Keith Fordyce, who was moderately well known on Radio Luxembourg, and he gave me loads of his cast off 45s, mostly rubbish records. You had to use Radforeds adaptor on them. They had a large ''A'' on one side (the A side I guess). If you tried to put a number of singles on the stack with adaptors all hell would break loose with the records skipping and jumping! Happy days....

My parents knew the DJ Keith Fordyce, who was moderately well known on Radio Luxembourg, and he gave me loads of his cast off 45s, mostly rubbish records. You had to use Radforeds adaptor on them. They had a large ''A'' on one side (the A side I guess). If you tried to put a number of singles on the stack with adaptors all hell would break loose with the records skipping and jumping! Happy days....

45s with a large capital A across the label were advance promo copies sent out by record companies, usually also say 'not for resale'. I suppose radio stations would be the main recipient of them.

Ivor, Dubbin is actually still widely used, there's not much better for keeping leather waterproofed.

I know what you mean about wet leather footballs though. I headed one when I was about eight, it knocked me so groggy I was spewing up for the rest of the day. I've kept away from bleddy footballs ever since.

I suppose modern cars are reliable but, on that cold winter morning when you turn on the ignition and nothing happens,I bet you wish your car had one of these

Starting_zps760a31ec.png

I had Morris Minor that had one.

Wonder what the last British car was that had a starting handle?

I had an old MG Midget.The engine had the facility to use a starting handle on the engine but it was inaccessible being covered up by the chrome bumper. I think the original engine was a tuned A35 and it was obviously cheaper just to leave it as was.