Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Manual copying machines which consisted a drum/roller to which the master-copy or stencil was fixed; a handle to turn the drum; an absorbent pad soaked with special solvent; an in-tray for blank paper; and an out-tray for the copies.

Common in the 60s and the smell of the solvent.... yada

Manual copying machines which consisted a drum/roller to which the master-copy or stencil was fixed; a handle to turn the drum; an absorbent pad soaked with special solvent; an in-tray for blank paper; and an out-tray for the copies.

Common in the 60s and the smell of the solvent....

I think the name you are looking for might be Banda. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=banda+machine&espv=2&biw=1641&bih=873&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=SboAVcb_OYrWUeeihJAC&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Thanks Cliff Ton but as my wife now informs me, they were called Roneo machines or Roneograph down here and you would have 'roneoed' copies of a document.

#2339 Bubble. No more conductors on the trams. You have to buy a ticket from a machine and validate it before getting on the tram. Those that travel free just validate their card. Down the line half a dozen inspectors jump on the tram, and before it moves off inspect all tickets and cards.

#2339 Bubble. No more conductors on the trams. You have to buy a ticket from a machine and validate it before getting on the tram. Those that travel free just validate their card. Down the line half a dozen inspectors jump on the tram, and before it moves off inspect all tickets and cards.

They're still ticket inspectors though. And there are usually two of them and they can get on at any stop & get off at the next one.

And I do use the tram when I come to Nottingham (at least twice a month.)

Dinneford's Gripe Water.

Ostermilk 1 or 2 in 16oz tins.

Cow and Gate Milk.

Ostermilk? No problem....here's one from my little collection of 20th century tat:

IMG_2671.JPG

• Upvote 1