Things you don't see anymore

Bikes Raleigh or not with front and rear lights, reflectors mudguards AND a bell!

Lights like these?:

IMG_1529.JPG

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

#2610. When we lived in our last but one house, we had a huge walnut tree and in the Autumn it was always loaded with thousands of nuts - far too many for us to use, so one year we put bags of them on the front wall with a big notice saying 'Help yourself - free walnuts.' No-one took them, so we later changed the notice to 20p/ bag and they all went!

• Upvote 5

These, they only use electronic gas detectors now.

http://www.protectorlamp.com/images/GR6S.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Pre-selector Gearboxes

Overdrive

Wankel engines

AF and Whitworth spanners

Pearl bayonet-cap light bulbs

Frozen Jubbly

Manual cash tills

Red blankets with black stripes

Mangles

Starched shirts

Tie Pins

Liberty bodices

Rubber buttons

Siren suits

Argosy (monthly magazine)

The sound of summer was always the sound of a push lawn mower. Now is a racket with "hover" mowers chain saws and electronic hedge cutters !

• Upvote 1

Not for those of us in the Medders though, Graham.There wasn't much grass to be found, except on the rec, and a few dandelions sprouting through the cracks in the back-yard. :)

wankel engines aint Mazda doing them......

got a full set of A/F and Whit spanners for my MG Midget....

love to fit an overdrive to my Midget not enough room without cutting the underside....

nice memories tho

what about penny arrow bars....crisps..with the blue bag of salt... playing marbles ....jumping jacks.....

Officials lamps Johnno, not many chargehands would be authorised to carry a relightable lamp. Manager/s, Undermanagers, Overmen, Deputies and Shotfirers were the officials. Also survey linesmen were trained and authorized to carry a relightable lamp.

I took the gas test during my apprenticeship and had an authorisation for a workmans flame safety lamp.

I still have all my BS open ended, box spanners and sockets, we still had lots of fasteners from the pre metric days in Oz mines, also had to have US ASE spanners due to the American made Continuous Miners and Shuttle cars.

BS open ended box spanners?........can't find mine anywhere .lol..............sorry ayup,tried to fight it.

• Upvote 1

I knew you'd pick that up...but try British Standard Ben...LOL

• Upvote 1

Still have all mine: AF, Whits, BS, open-enders, combination, ring, box, sockets. And my bike spanners. I even bought brand new tools boxes for them. sadly; to sit in the garage dong nothing. I even have the hoist in place. One day I will find a project I can afford; before I am too senile. I hope. (I have all the metric, too.)

Metric are pretty handy these days..LOL I have full set of combination spanners, or as they call them here wrenches, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 drive sockets, need the big buggers for the tractor.